New Contest

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: New Contest

Post by Cimrandir »

It sounds fun! I've got a story but the pictures might be a problem. I don't really have a Ranger's outfit. Hmmm... I'll have to see what I can do.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Haradir wrote:It sounds fun! I've got a story but the pictures might be a problem. I don't really have a Ranger's outfit. Hmmm... I'll have to see what I can do.
You could photo it throught the ranger's eyes, just a suggestion.
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

Post by Arlyssen Arlussen »

Hmmm I was tricked into saying this..... I'm in! I do have one question though. Are we allowed to have music in it? And does anyone mind if my outfit looks kind of....modern? I dont have a ranger costume yet just a Courier one. I'll try to make it look good but no promises. I'll make up for it with my story.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Music would be perfectly fine.

Regarding costumes or for that matter props, everyone has to start somewhere. The last Photo Contest even had a catagory for the newer members. This time no specific cataagory but there are enough facets in this contest, to allow those, who don't believe their costuming is up to snuff, to still win.

If you don't have a good looking shirt or pants, a cloak hides a lot of inconsistancies. No cloak, a wool blanket pinned up will give the same illusion.

Just another part of the creative process.
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

All right! Thank you, and no worries I of course have a cloak and am notorious for making old looking costumes out of modern day clothing! Course my friends will tell you otherwise (graduation robes can double as monk robes by the way) soooooo this is going to be fun and I am looking forward to going out in the cold and creating a story.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Ranger, Skrep and me are in.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

Okay last question I promise.....okay I can't promise that but oh well. Can we mention other rangers in our story? Either from the books or the forum?? With permission from them of course. I just need to know before i sit down and write out my story.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

You can certainly reference characters from the books but you can't recount a written tale from either Tolkiens or another perspective. Your story and pics must be original.

Regarding having forum members mentioned or even appearing in your pictures/story, as long as they approve and it doesn't interfere with the above rule.

Don't worry about the questions, I'd rather you ask them, then have to change something you worked on later.
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

Okay thank you! :) *gets a devious look in eyes* now all I have to do is write out my story MWHAHAHAHAHA *clears throat* I mean write a happy not at all evil tale.
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

haha okay so I have yet another question..*blushes* sorry!!! BUT I was wondering if we could do it in movie form?? The pictures would be still pictures but I would put it together on windows movie maker so it would be like a still movie. Is that okay? I ask because I have no clue how to do it any other way.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Actually I'd rather not. I'd prefer it as a photo storybook as I'd hoped to use this contest as a stepping stone to a movie contest in the future.

To do the storybook, you could either post some text and then a picture directly underneath it. You could also write the text and then have the picture linked via a hosting site for example:

Randul headed toward the ruins and walked all night. Two miles away from his goal he met Desron returning with messages from the surrounding villages.

"What news Desron ?"

"Orcs from the Grey Mountain tribe have been seen north of Bree traveling west fast."

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 0_30-1.jpg

Your story can continue in this vein.

As each entry will be it's own thread (as in the past) there is no chance of interim posts obsuring the thread. All threads will be titled and bear the message Storybook Entry " title ". The ending of the story should be indicated with "The End" so readers comments will not appear until the story is complete.

A storybook is actually easier than a movie so I want to start small.
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

Okay. soo just so I don't mess up in the future. I write my story here on the forum on it's own little thing? Title it Story Book Entry: Alryssyns Adventure?
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Arlyssen Arlussen wrote:Okay. soo just so I don't mess up in the future. I write my story here on the forum on it's own little thing? Title it Story Book Entry: Alryssyns Adventure?

Sounds good, can't wait to see it and Good Luck !
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Just wanted to bring this back up, as there has been no entries yet. If there not at least two entries by the deadline, I'll extend the deadline till June 30th.

I was on vacation and several things inspired me so I plan on posting a test story in the near future. Playing with the new camera I took about 800 pictures so I have a lot more pictures to utilize.

I have a bit of editing ahead of me. :D
Arlyssen Arlussen
Wanderer

oohhh wow I feel stupid! I didn't know we could post our story anytime we wanted before the deadline....I THOUGHT the deadline WAS the day we had to do it! woooowww I feel smart. I'll see if I cant get my story up there today then, might be hard cause it's all swampy where I want to do the pic's cause of the four hours of rain we had.