Happy hobbit day!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Dailir
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Happy hobbit day!

Post by Dailir »

Happy hobbit day to all you rangers out there! Hope you all have a great hobbit worthy party! (I know I will.) And as a side note, Im back! :mrgreen: Ive gotten more time now that my college classes and red cross volunteering have cooled down into a normal easy to work with routine. So you're all gonna have to deal with me again. :mrgreen:
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Happy hobbit day!

Post by Jon »

Happy Hobbit Day!!!

In honour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mc2jwbmD8

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Happy Hobbit Day to you all!

In commemoration of this "Auspicious Occasion" I started on my Ancestral belt!

This is a very important part of any Dwarves wardrobe and armor, "for if your Loins are girded about your strength is doubled and your center is grounded." (Old Dwarven proverb)

This belt needs to say something about you and often times is the representation of a beardlings passage into manhood, (though any "Life Altar" event might be a proper catalyst for it's creation)

I am going to use several layers of geometric leather segments interlinked with a large central plate that I can use as a Kidney or gut protector (depending on the armor warn and the situation faced) and leather rondels bearing ancester badges around the entire thing (seven in all) I finished the cental badge, the largest one that represents father Durin.

I will start a new thread for this as I get a bit further, but I thought this was a good time for it's launching! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

That is going to look VERY cool ! Are they layered or is it a solid heavy weight ?

Oh and I'd like you to start a thread on more Dwarven proverbs !
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Happy Hobbit Day!
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

I hope y'all had an amazing Hobbit day! I was fortunate enough to be able to attend theonering.net's annual Baggins Birthday Bash in LA and had a great time with my friend Singing Gandalf. :mrgreen:

http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId ... 1kKyvQ#_=_

P.S.

That looks amazing, Ringulf. So detailed.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

My friend Ernildir, the blood of the Eldar is strong in you! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: