STATE KNIFE LAWS

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

doghsin
Wayfarer

STATE KNIFE LAWS

Post by doghsin »

rather than continue to hijack another thread, some people expressed interest in finding this info
http://home.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm
"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees." -Qwatsinas
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Re: STATE KNIFE LAWS

Post by mcapanelli »

doghsin wrote:rather than continue to hijack another thread, some people expressed interest in finding this info
http://home.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm
thank you. confirms what I originally though. I'd have expected NY to be much worse. Now I know why the cops don't care about us. I think after reading that we'd better stop chasing people with swords drawn though :P
Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Great resource! However, be advised that some of these may be out of date. I had to do some searching for a new link for California, because the one that site lists is up-to-date for 2005.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

unless you are in violation of another law most officers will not go to the trouble of arresting you over a knife( too much paper work and hassel) most of the time. the court systems are too piled up with real crime (yay case overloads)
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
doghsin
Wayfarer

Post by doghsin »

jolromir wrote:unless you are in violation of another law most officers will not go to the trouble of arresting you over a knife( too much paper work and hassel) most of the time. the court systems are too piled up with real crime (yay case overloads)
twice ive had small knifes (dual bladed) confiscated by 'the man'. wasnt charged, but i knew a cop who had a draw full of such 'contraband'.
but that was back in the day when i was a long haired metal kid, i havent been frisked in years.lol
guess the lesson to learn is if your up to no good youll be charged so you might as well carry your finest.
if your doing nothing wrong, then carry blades so ugly no cop would want them. :lol:
"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees." -Qwatsinas
x-acto

Post by x-acto »

Can anyone please tell me about the law of survival knife? Just need help from you folks!
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

It's funny--just the other day I was pulled over for supposedly rolling through a stop sign, and when the officer went back to check my record I realized I had my machete sitting on the passenger seat. I quietly stuffed it under something before he came back.
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Good call...last time I got pulled over, there was a 17" kukri in the passenger seat. It was in the glovebox before he made it to my window. That would've been interesting to explain...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.