Iron wolf seax/ bush blade WIP

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Iron wolf seax/ bush blade WIP

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

My anvil is gone,but my love of blades is not. I have in the hot box a 2"wide 1/4" thick peice of 1075 I just got the tang drawn when I ran out of charcoal so when that chore is done, I'll finish the blade on my trusty rail road track. You can see my inspiration here: http://www.myarmoury.com/view.html?feat ... seax01.jpg

second one down....and no!! smart alecks!! it aint goin' to look " just like that" :lol: She'll be purdy :mrgreen:

Posting pics from my machine is like pulling teeth, but I will get a few up in a bit..

RD
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Iron wolf seax/ bush blade WIP

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

This peice has taken a life of its own, I still have to forge the edge bevels but the peice is profiled, the blade is 19" long.... Once shes fitted,gripped, and scabbarded we will do a photo series.

My progress pics will not upload for some reason...I keep having to log back in :x
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

phpbb systems can be very touchy.. if you can't post them.. but can upload to a flicker or something type acct.. just post links to them.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

How did this one come out RD?
I would love to see what it looked like hilted, and what you did for your sheath!

:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: