Introduction

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

The_Rangers_Film
Wayfarer

Introduction

Post by The_Rangers_Film »

Hail and well met new friends of the Middle Earth Ranger Forum!

My name is Skip Lipman, I am a huge fantasy fan (especially of Tolkien), gamer, LARPer, craftsman, armorer, costume & garb maker...
I may be best known publicly for my fighter persona, Bannor of Laconia, that was featured in the award winning documentary Darkon. ( watch it free http://viooz.co/movies/14218-darkon-2006.html ) The Rangers of Middle Earth have always held a special fascination for me and I've been playing them avidly in D&D and MERP for the last 30+ years.

I have been skulking in the woods, so to speak for sometime here, reading posts, looking at the pics and stuff you guys post and I must say there is some impressive and creative stuff going on. Currently, I am working on a new film, "The Rangers". I am writing, producing, and acting in the project, together with creator Ron Newcomb, of "Rise of The Fellowship". My goal above all else is to get it right. So often, in Hollywoood productions they can spend $100's of millions of dollars and still miss the mark. That is why I'm here, so many of you guys get it right!

So the film project I'm working on is fully in pre-production and you all can be a part of it, we are casting, hammering out the final scripts, designing the feel of the film with concept art, the works. Our website is at http://therangers.mymiddleearth.com/

I don't want this to be a shameless plug, what I want is to include you all in the project. I would like your input, after all you, who else knows more about Rangers than MERF, you folks are precisely the audience that would be interested in a fantasy film and world focused on a story about Rangers.

Check it out we're on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/therangerswebseries
We're deep into our Kickstarter http://TheRangersFilm.com

We have a Vernal Equinox Rangers Gathering coming up in Baltimore on March 21st at Club Orpeus, I'll post details in the Gatherings section.

I hope that you will welcome me and The Rangers into your community and help us make it the best and most loyal representation of Rangers ever on screen.

Thanks and I look forward to your input and help with my quest,
Skip
~HONOR~COURAGE~LOYALTY~FOREVER~ The Rangers
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Introduction

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome!

Ron joined us several months ago and introduced us to your project.

Can't seem to locate the original thread.

I also rec'd an email regarding the Kickstarter and in turn posted it here:

Many of us are looking forward to updates as it moves along.
Keep us posted and again Welcome
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Sounds like a brilliant project.

I'm into film making myself and know that funding can be really difficult. Good luck to all of you!!!

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome Skip!

My wife and I love that documentary! We still watch it from time to time, well done, and glad to have you among us, and looking forward to your new project with interest!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

welcome to our group... I'm in western md so can make the drive to baltimore in a couple hours so I will see what I can do
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Mirimaran wrote:Welcome Skip!

My wife and I love that documentary! We still watch it from time to time, well done, and glad to have you among us, and looking forward to your new project with interest!

Ken
Were you like me the first time you watched the documentary? I wanted to join the game, just so I could help champion Skip against the fascist jerks they were fighting.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Straelbora wrote:
Mirimaran wrote:Welcome Skip!

Ken
Were you like me the first time you watched the documentary? I wanted to join the game, just so I could help champion Skip against the fascist jerks they were fighting.
I always thought the other guy looked like Guy of Gisbone from the Robin of Sherwood show, but yep, we felt that Skip and his country were the underdogs, and would have been proud to have led a few Rangers to fight and die by his side.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
The_Rangers_Film
Wayfarer

Post by The_Rangers_Film »

Thanks all! We had a great Verna Equinox Gathering and things a re moving ahead with the Kickstarter. If you haven't had a chance check it out. http://www.TheRangersFilm.com

~HONOR~COURAGE~LOYALTY~FOREVER~ The Rangers
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Welcome Ranger!
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.