Please Read This Post

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Please Read This Post

Post by Peter Remling »

Hi Everyone, in case you didn't know it our Birthday Boy from Thursday is celebrating another milestone in his life. Eric returned to school after, well an extended absence and graduates with his Bachelors' Degree tomorrow. Please show your support by posting a congrats. BTW Did I forget he's graduating with honors.

Congrats Eric
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Please Read This Post

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Hear hear! Great work Eric!
Frodo lives!
Temonthe

Post by Temonthe »

Oh, that's brilliant! Congratulations, Eric!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Congratulations!!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Awesome, congrats Eric! :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
jasonofthehill
Wayfarer

Post by jasonofthehill »

Congratulations!
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Congratulations Eric.

Well Done!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I did see him post the news on Facebook but I forgot to express my congratulations then and there so thanks for the thread, Pete!

A huge congratulations to Eric. Every time I see a non-traditional student finish up their degree it inspires me even more to work on completing mine. I know it must have been hard but it's so cool that you did it Eric. Way to go!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

As someone who struggles with the traditional delivery of education (School, University) I am always in awe of those who can deal with it long enough to get a degree let alone honours.

A most sincere well done mate.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Cimrandir wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:37 am I did see him post the news on Facebook but I forgot to express my congratulations then and there so thanks for the thread, Pete!

A huge congratulations to Eric. Every time I see a non-traditional student finish up their degree it inspires me even more to work on completing mine. I know it must have been hard but it's so cool that you did it Eric. Way to go!
GO FOR IT! It's not easy, but I am so very happy I fought my way through it and finished.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thank you everyone! Yeah, so two years ago, I went back to school. I did this on top of working 40-45 hours a week, and dealing with several disabilities, not the least annoying of which was excessive fatigue. But I fought through and made it. I graduated from Southern New Hampshire University with a BA in Creative Writing with an emphasis on Fiction. I became a member of the Internation English Honors Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude, earning almost straight A's with the exception of one B (didn't like the class, didn't care for the professor - but that's not nice).

While the natural tendency is to brag, especially since the last time I was in college, I left when my GPA fell to 1.9, I'm actually posting this to encourage anyone who is thinking they want to go to school or finish school to do it.

Now with a degree in writing, maybe I can turn in some readable stuff on the Bard's stage. :lol:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Eric C wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:34 amNow with a degree in writing, maybe I can turn in some readable stuff on the Bard's stage. :lol:
:lol: Perhaps selfish of me to say after you went through so much but that would be awesome! I would love to read more tales from your quill!

Dang, not that it wasn’t impressive before but you definitely kicked it up a notch with powering through school amidst all that. An even heartier congratulations! I’m sure it feels well earned!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Congratulations! Very cool!

.... are there any pieces from your classes you're especially proud of?
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Elleth wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:16 pm Congratulations! Very cool!

.... are there any pieces from your classes you're especially proud of?
I started a new novel by accident. :lol: I'm only five chapters into it and it needs refinement, but I may be enticed to post a bit of it
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Ha! That sounds great! I can't wait to see. :mrgreen: