An unexpected letter

Got a song, a tale, some news of far off places or Orcs gathering? Step up and loose your word hoard.

Moderator: Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: An unexpected letter

Post by Greg »

Enjoying this thoroughly.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:27 pm It occurs to me that I never replied to you dear Iodo.
Things aren't all that bad down here, I was just going through a rough patch for a while where even existing seemed to take a lot of effort. Add in the various other pressures of the world and my writing took a morose turn.

Don't worry about it, I haven't been that reliable online of late, and I'm glad things are looking better now :P

Eofor wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:27 pm You are 100% correct to use your own runes. I have a habit of making mine as simple as possible to aid in translation and at the time I forgot that you are a Runemaster in your own right.

I don't know if I would call myself a Runemaster? although I'm not sure what one of those is, if it just means someone who can write runes then I guess I am, I will still continue to steer clear of bind runes tho

Those cards are soooo awesome btw :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Iodo wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:17 pm I don't know if I would call myself a Runemaster? although I'm not sure what one of those is, if it just means someone who can write runes then I guess I am, I will still continue to steer clear of bind runes tho

Those cards are soooo awesome btw :mrgreen:
I think anyone that can read runes fluently has to have earned some sort of title?

Thankyou, I have been doing more and more artistic pursuits these past two years and though I'm not great I really enjoy it (as I'm sure you've seen in your Yule letter!)
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:12 am I think anyone that can read runes fluently has to have earned some sort of title?

I'm not sure I would describe my self as fluent, I am still much slower reading runes than I am reading normal text, but the title of "Runemaster" does sound kinda cool, I think this should be made official :P

Eofor wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:12 am Thankyou, I have been doing more and more artistic pursuits these past two years and though I'm not great I really enjoy it (as I'm sure you've seen in your Yule letter!)

Yep, that letter was so brilliantly drawn, it was a beauty to behold :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Eofor wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:32 pm Oh and your gift has already seen use! I took a bunch of our new cards out on an event this weekend and it concealed the modern nature of them perfectly. It was a VERY thoughtful gift.

Eofor wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:00 am
Elleth wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 am Those cards are just adorable. :mrgreen:
Thankyou! We wanted something a bit different from all those generic angry viking Reenactment groups.
The plan was to linocut print them so I carved it but time ended up meaning I had to digitise it and use a printing mob.
I'm going to do several more and just jumble them so we're handing out a variety.

I'm late to the party but just coming around to comment that I absolutely love those cards and the reasoning behind them. I think it's quite boring to constantly be focusing on the fury and violence within the early medieval scene. It's so nice to see something so different from skulls and axes. Very well done indeed.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain