Boots-Withdrawn

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Yavion
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Boots-Withdrawn

Post by Yavion »

Anyone have really big feet and want some custom boots?
I ordered these from an Etsy seller and they don't work for me. He didn't follow instructions and the fit isn't as good as I'd hoped.
I have GIANT feet. I wear a US 13/14, EU46/47. These are a hair snug with dress weight socks on.
https://imgur.com/Y5aM5SU
https://imgur.com/HqsWsFB

They have no heel, rubber sole, and are fabric lined. I'm asking $200+shipping in the continental US.
Last edited by Yavion on Sat May 14, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom_Ranger

Re: Boots

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Yavion wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:16 am They have no heel, rubber sole, and are fabric lined. I'm asking $200+shipping in the continental US.
It's too bad they didin't work out for you. Although, custom leather boots are supposed to be a bit snug when you first get them. You just put them on anyway and wear them all the time and they will stretch and conform to your feet. Tat's exactly what I had to do with my custom "Forest Boots" from Armstreet (Made in Ukraine). The sole uses modern day technology with a heal inside so outside looks authentic. I personally vouch for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OHdwJsonwI

Like I said, expect them to be very snug when you get them. Take your measurements very carefully and follow their instructions to the letter. I think they even say to stand up when taking the measurements.

Here are some of their other boots.
https://armstreet.com/store/fantasy-boots/
Last edited by Tom_Ranger on Thu May 12, 2022 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

'Fraid you've got smaller feet than I do. Size 15 Sasquatch over here.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Tom_Ranger

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Cimrandir wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:40 am 'Fraid you've got smaller feet than I do. Size 15 Sasquatch over here.
HA! I have a Sasquatch living on my property and he is size 25
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I have a size 9.5. So, my feet are too short. But at EEEE, mine may be wider. :lol:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Yavion

Post by Yavion »

-Tom
The size is only part of the problem. He used the wrong leather and changed the shape without checking with me, so they don't look like what I actually ordered.
Also, they're so tight that I can't put them on unless I'm either wearing dress socks or no socks. There's no stretching to be had at that.

-Cimrandir
I feel you. I'm only 5'10", but I've worn a size 13 or larger since the age of 11. Bigfoot life chose me, and it stinks.

-Eric
Challenge accepted lol. EEEE is still usually a little pinchy on the toes for me.

Sigh. If only I were a hobbit with no need for footwear.
Tom_Ranger

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Yavion wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:48 am The size is only part of the problem. He used the wrong leather and changed the shape without checking with me, so they don't look like what I actually ordered.
Also, they're so tight that I can't put them on unless I'm either wearing dress socks or no socks. There's no stretching to be had at that.
That's too bad because they do look like nice boots.
Yavion

Re: Boots-Withdrawn

Post by Yavion »

Withdrawn.
I wound up sending them back. We'll see if the maker can get it right this time.