Windlass dagger project

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Windlass dagger project

Post by Elleth »

This was meant ages ago for the "medieval shelf" but has been lingering for years and it needs a new home.

The grip is rewrapped with Karl Robinson naturally dyed goatskin, and comes with a Greg-made scabbard core and enough matching leather to wrap it in.

$94 shipped in US.
daggerforsale.jpg
daggerforsale.jpg (245.98 KiB) Viewed 6830 times
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Windlass dagger project

Post by Iodo »

ooooo.... that is really really really nice :mrgreen: but I don't know if you could ship it in my direction without it getting confiscated on import? I wish...
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

I'm happy to attempt it. I think it passes muster looking at their regs, especially if you're part of "living history group" - but I know that doesn't help when the postman is having a bad day. Whatever you wish. :)
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

they've tightened up lately (hence I always ask no pointy things in the gift exchange), shops post things on different channels, and because it's a bladed item to be delivered in the UK it would need to be age verified and I have no clue how to set that up, I would absolutely buy this (I would pay extra for shipping of course) but I would hate for something so unique and lovely to get confiscated in the UK customs and import depot when they put the packages under the x-ray machine

I need to do some research on it
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ha! I'm sitting here like "That's a nice looking scabbard core!"

Then, a few moments later "That hilt furniture looks familiar..."
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Iodo wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:48 pm they've tightened up lately (hence I always ask no pointy things in the gift exchange), shops post things on different channels, and because it's a bladed item to be delivered in the UK it would need to be age verified and I have no clue how to set that up, I would absolutely buy this (I would pay extra for shipping of course) but I would hate for something so unique and lovely to get confiscated in the UK customs and import depot when they put the packages under the x-ray machine

I need to do some research on it
I believe that you can have cutting tools delivered to a business address.
Also it would be best to describe it as "Re-enactment equipment" on the customs paperwork.
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Elleth, I think I'm going to have to say if anyone else wants this feel free to sell it there way, because although it looks like it should be possible to send it to me, it might be difficult, and (to make things even more complicated) I'm away for two weeks from Friday...

...but if you don't get any other offers maybe we could work something out :P
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:16 pm Also it would be best to describe it as "Re-enactment equipment" on the customs paperwork.
Unfortunately there are no guarantees that this or any of the old safeguards work as it all comes down to how trigger happy the person operating the Xray is on the day.

I had a hell of a time getting my new sword OUT of the UK and ended up having to pay full postage and insurance twice over (somewhere around $700USD total)
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:28 pm I had a hell of a time getting my new sword OUT of the UK and ended up having to pay full postage and insurance twice over (somewhere around $700USD total)

your new sword was made in the UK??? please tell me who by
ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ForgeCorvus »

that?
Iodo wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm
Eofor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:28 pm I had a hell of a time getting my new sword OUT of the UK and ended up having to pay full postage and insurance twice over (somewhere around $700USD total)

your new sword was made in the UK??? please tell me who by
I'd like to know too.

I've got a suspicion but I'll await Eofor
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Iodo wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm your new sword was made in the UK??? please tell me who by
Quite a few had a hand in its construction
The one and only Owen Bush at Bushfire Forge for forging the most amazing blade and putting it all together.

George Easton from Danegeld historic jewellery for the pommel, collars, pyramids, bosses and guard plates as well as shaping and providing the horn for the guards.

Ever consistent Mark Routledge at Gallybagger Leather for making a baldric to match his previous work.

The most worthy and excellent Matt Bunker for much advice, the beautiful scabbard and the patience to deal with freight companies to get it to me.

The lovely plant dyed peace band was plant dyed and hand woven by Knarr Traders with a pattern to match the cloisonne cells in the sword collars.

The buckle is by Dave Roper of Ganderwick creations.

(I just copy pasted the thread here - https://www.facebook.com/TheWanderingFo ... 1Mss6Nks6l)
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Thanks so much for that Eofor :P There are one or two names in there I have heard of, and a collaboration on that scale must have needed quite some planning
Turgolanas
Dúnadan

Post by Turgolanas »

Elleth wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:22 pm This was meant ages ago for the "medieval shelf" but has been lingering for years and it needs a new home.

The grip is rewrapped with Karl Robinson naturally dyed goatskin, and comes with a Greg-made scabbard core and enough matching leather to wrap it in.

$94 shipped in US.

daggerforsale.jpg
If nobody else bites, I am definitely interested (it is much more historically accurate than my current dagger, which is a WW2 bayonet). I'm in Texas, where there are no knife laws anymore lol.
ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Post by ChoseyChas »

Any chance this is still sitting?
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Still for sale. :mrgreen: