Recent Ranger Moot in Scottland

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Recent Ranger Moot in Scottland

Post by Peter Remling »

Late Wednesday I return from a pilgrimage to the shrine of the Great Mouse. I had contacted Ringulf months ago and we were able to meet up for dinner at Raglan Road.

From Left to right Scott, Stella, my wife Joanne, Cheryl and I. My daughter Jessie is missing from the pic as she was taking the picture.

We hung out for several hours and Scott and Stella presented my wife and daughters with handmade jewelry and myself with a knife (pics to follow).
Attachments
IMG_6285.JPG
IMG_6285.JPG (4.7 MiB) Viewed 18424 times
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Recent Ranger Moot in Scottland

Post by Ringulf »

We had a great time! Raglan Road is a great place with very good food and an exciting atmosphere. I also got to tast the new Icelandic Toasted Porter by Einstök! I look forward to trying the rest of their line!

Many thanks to Pete and his family, and if any of you Ranger's get the chance to worship at the shrine of the mouse as well, please let us know your coming, We are not far away and since it is a destination many people strive to get to, it would be great to meet a few Rangers when they come. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

You had some additional guests at the table behind you... *wink*
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Greg wrote:You had some additional guests at the table behind you... *wink*
We tried to get them to pick up the tab but they refused. This was even after we told them the picture would be on the most popular forum on Earth. Come to think of it I might have forgotten the "Middle" part. :P
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

You guys look great! So good to see Rangers together in real life!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Peter Remling wrote:
Greg wrote:You had some additional guests at the table behind you... *wink*
We tried to get them to pick up the tab but they refused. This was even after we told them the picture would be on the most popular forum on Earth. Come to think of it I might have forgotten the "Middle" part. :P
Hahaha... shame that, but an excellent effort on your part. Their loss, haha.

As it happens, Sarah and I will be in Orlando paying our own respects to the Great Mouse towards the end of this month for our honeymoon! Might be nice to say hello if we have time, but we will doubtlessly be extremely busy (Sarah believes in milking every minute of a Disney trip to its very last drop, heh).
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I would love to get to see you folks if you come down, Stella and I could most likely meet you at Downtown Disney too! shoot me a pm and we can see if we can arrange it. :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hurray! Sounds great!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Aaron
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Aaron »

Man, I need to be more active on the forum I think. This is only 30 or so minutes from my place!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Damn, I completely forgot to contact you guys when we were out there! We even went to Raglan Road for dinner, haha.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Manveruon wrote:Damn, I completely forgot to contact you guys when we were out there! We even went to Raglan Road for dinner, haha.

I don't think Scot will be too upset considering the reason you went to Orlando. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Aaron wrote:Man, I need to be more active on the forum I think. This is only 30 or so minutes from my place!
I have been thinking about that Aaron, and we have another brother down south in the State too, Steve B. Perhaps we could all do a "Rangers of Southern Ithilian Gather"! Let's try to make that happen before it gets too stinkin hot to do anything! :mrgreen:
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Peter Remling wrote:
Manveruon wrote:Damn, I completely forgot to contact you guys when we were out there! We even went to Raglan Road for dinner, haha.

I don't think Scot will be too upset considering the reason you went to Orlando. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Not in the least!
My son got married in Tennessee and turned around to come right back down to Disney for their minimoon, which they live about 20 minutes from.
He was saying that you should pick a place were you don't have to even go out of the Hotel for obvious reasons. (they went during the huge food and wine festival so they spent quite a bit of time in the Park anyway!)
In that line of thinking I thought it would be rare if we had gotten to see you this time, but perhaps one day soon my friend! :mrgreen: