A Ranger coming in from the cold...

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Straelbora
Haeropada

A Ranger coming in from the cold...

Post by Straelbora »

Hail fellow Rangers!

If you have Facebook, you may have seen what happened to me over the last few months- I've decided on a name for my 'medieval fantasy inn' and debuted a Facebook page for it on Sept. 22 (gee, wonder why that date?) and am about to debut a website.

After much back and forth, including weighing whether or not I wanted to get into a legal fight with Melkor (aka Saul Zaentz' wraith dba Tolkien Enterprises), I went with "Dragons Wood Inn."

https://www.facebook.com/dragonswoodinn ... page_panel

At this point, trying to repost photos that I've put up on FB and then reorganized for the soon-to-debut Inn website is more than I have energy for.

I've actually got the old farmhouse that will become the Dragons Wood Inn in an almost inhabitable condition- the half-missing main room floor has had joists installed and plywood over that (I'm thinking of pulling all the 3" oak flooring and putting in rough 6" boards that I cut from some trees dropped on the property). A 'Craigslist freebie' 55 gallon drum with a pump has been hauled into the bathroom, so the toilet can be flushed (something not completely addressed in Tolkien's writings, but, as my wife put it, a necessity for a majority of female visitors).

The next project: patching the wall and hopefully getting the cooking fire place installed before it gets too cold. I've even bought a case of imported Irish peat for the fire place.

So, at this point, any Ranger who is interested in hanging out and/or giving a hand, the site is inhabitable. I have tentative permission from the Chief Ranger to spend much of the first week of November with my bow and arrows on the land- if anyone is interested in buying an Indiana bow hunting license and joining me- it's 13 acres with a pretty heavy deer population.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: A Ranger coming in from the cold...

Post by Greg »

Really starting to come together! My family has already agreed to stay at least onenight when we come out for Lori's next family reunion.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: A Ranger coming in from the cold...

Post by Straelbora »

Greg wrote:Really starting to come together! My family has already agreed to stay at least onenight when we come out for Lori's next family reunion.
I'm hoping to get things at least habitable in the next month or so. I've got tons of barn wood and old 2x4s that I need to categorize and get in the barn before winter hits.

And I need to convince my wife that getting barn cats isn't cruelty. The mousetraps have been getting quite the workout.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál