Any interest in a 2016 Colorado Moot?

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Any interest in a 2016 Colorado Moot?

Post by Manveruon »

Hey folks! Now that I'm back from my honeymoon, I am starting to plan out a lot of things for the next year, and one of the top items on my agenda is planning another ranger trek here in CO.
Last year, Bryan and I embarked on our first ever full-on ranger outing in early July, and we had an incredible time. It was both exciting and miserable, as I've stated before, but I wouldn't trade the experience for the world, and we learned A LOT in the process.

In any case, this year, I would very much like to do it again, and try to hit the same trail, this time with the advantage of a bit of foreknowledge about the terrain, climate, etc. We would probably aim for sometime in late June or early July, and this time I would ideally like to spend the night in Pagossa Springs the night before the trek, so we can start bright and early the next morning, instead of in the mid afternoon, like we did this last time (having had to drive about 5 hours down there the day-of, before even starting the hike). That would allow us to make it a lot further on the first day of the trek, and then possibly make it all the way to the lake on the second.

Anyway, I think it would be absolutely fantastic if one or two other rangers were interested in joining us for the journey, so I thought I'd put it out there and see how people felt about it. Greg, I'd really like to see if we can coax you especially out here, if possible.

So, any interest?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Any interest in a 2016 Colorado Moot?

Post by Greg »

I'd have said "I think it'd be a ton of fun" all on my own, you know...but now you called me out. Not fair, man, not fair.

No guarantees, so I'll just say "I think it'd be a ton of fun."

*chuckle*
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Greg wrote:I'd have said "I think it'd be a ton of fun" all on my own, you know...but now you called me out. Not fair, man, not fair.

No guarantees, so I'll just say "I think it'd be a ton of fun."

*chuckle*
Haha... um... I'll hold you to it? :P
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'll see what I can do. I will say that the month of June, specifically, is a very tough month for me. Tree business gets busier, and I have a wedding anniversary and the wife's birthday, so that month would decrease my chances exponentially.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Totally understand, I'm just giving you a hard time, haha. July is also a possibility.