Indy/Dragons Wood Inn moot early summer 2016

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: Indy/Dragons Wood Inn moot early summer 2016

Post by Straelbora »

Greg wrote:My comment was re:Ursus's about coming out at another time. I'm pretty sure our 'locals' at least are gung-ho for the weekend of the 4th, starting Friday. I believe myself, Udwin, and Odigan, at a minimum.
I was planning some stuff, but if it's just a handful of us, I'm all for just hanging out, doing some work, and hiking at Morgan-Monroe. I had some workshops planned, but will only do that if it looks like a large crowd.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I think this'll be pretty chill.

As for the hike in to the rock shelf in Morgan-Monroe, I'll have all veterans of the last Indy moot know that I carried all my gear plus a (temporarily) crippled 45-lb border collie, nonstop, via the route we'll take in this time...so don't expect the endless gravelly nonsense. Gravel for a bit? Yes. Gravel enough to wear through shoe leater? Nope. Significant shortcut.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I REALLY wish we could go. :cry: We have a whole year to plan for the next one though ( I hope there will be a next one).
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Brownno
Dúnadan

Post by Brownno »

I can't wait for this to happen. Too bad I am going down to philmont for the Rayado trek during that time. I wish I could go but at least I still get to go on a trip.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Brownno wrote:I can't wait for this to happen. Too bad I am going down to philmont for the Rayado trek during that time. I wish I could go but at least I still get to go on a trip.
This was last year, but I'm sure we'll be doing something in 2017 as well.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál