Moot at Färnelond

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Moot at Färnelond

Post by Eledhwen »

From yesterday's Moot at Fänelond. I did play Signy (my lyre), and I suspect Ranger Helwen will post some photos at some point. These photos are from outside the library there. There's a good wood stove inside, seating, books, bits of armor, loads of candle lamps. Still under construction. Well on the way to spectacular.

As for me, an old Ranger stopping at the Waystation for some warmth, food, and comfort. :)

Eledhwen Alandilmë
Nandaromar
Nandalad
Nandalad!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Moot at Färnelond

Post by Iodo »

Nice kit, and that looks like an amazing setting for a gathering :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
SierraStrider
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by SierraStrider »

Oh, man, I've been in the process of designing a walking staff and yours is very near what i'm looking for--not so ornate that it's distracting or diminishes functionality, but decidedly more than a mere stick. Gorgeous. I might well be consulting these pictures for some design elements. Is that a little guy on skis just below halfway down?
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

SierraStrider wrote:Oh, man, I've been in the process of designing a walking staff and yours is very near what i'm looking for--not so ornate that it's distracting or diminishes functionality, but decidedly more than a mere stick. Gorgeous. I might well be consulting these pictures for some design elements. Is that a little guy on skis just below halfway down?
Agreed, that staff is beautiful (even if I've said so before), there are some more photos of it in this thread: https://www.ranger.budgetauthenticity.o ... 4d7#p45435
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Sierra Strider; that "little guy" is a representation of Skadi, on skis, hunting reindeer. There are also snowflakes, clouds, fir trees, runes, etc. :)

Hope that helps.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Well that looks like a grand time!

I love the carving on the pillar - how very cool!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
SierraStrider
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by SierraStrider »

Eledhwen wrote:Sierra Strider; that "little guy" is a representation of Skadi, on skis, hunting reindeer. There are also snowflakes, clouds, fir trees, runes, etc. :)

Hope that helps.

Eledhwen
Ah, visst, en perfekt bild för staven. Such a staff is well-appointed for a ski lurk...though one would be reulctant to subject it to abrasive snow.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

It is poplar, so not the hardiest of woods. I have coated it and added a large steel reinforced rubber ferrule to the bottom of it. I would take it out in the Winter. I will this year. It will probably be battered some, like most of my things. In the end though, it is meant to be used, so used it will be. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!