Possible Ohio gathering?

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Tovalee

Possible Ohio gathering?

Post by Tovalee »

My husband (KDaniels11) and I occasionally participate in, or host garbed camp outs in southern Ohio with a couple of ME groups that we're involved with, but we are always interested in meeting new folks. Would anyone here have an interest in a possible future Ohio moot?
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Possible Ohio gathering?

Post by Greg »

There could definitely be some interest there...would you care to share what your moots have been like, where you host them, and maybe some photos from past events? We'd love to see what you're all up to!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Tovalee

Post by Tovalee »

So far, we attended one ranger gathering at a friend's farm, and we've hosted a few events at our private wooded property in Southern Ohio. We've had both ranger specific gatherings, and also general Tolkien themed gatherings for the Greenwood Smial of the Tolkien Society. We try to stay laid back but still maintain some level of immersion. We are avid hikers and would love to meet more rangers who enjoy being active outdoors. Although we are happy to host events at our place, we're happy to travel. Our main goal is just to connect with other Tolkien fans/outdoor enthusiasts.
I saved a few pics in the directory below to share. Some are from ranger camp and some are from Smial gathering. Hope the link works! [https://photos.app.goo.gl/LdJB8jy3D8JE7fYh8]
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Tovalee wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:14 pm So far, we attended one ranger gathering at a friend's farm, and we've hosted a few events at our private wooded property in Southern Ohio. We've had both ranger specific gatherings, and also general Tolkien themed gatherings for the Greenwood Smial of the Tolkien Society. We try to stay laid back but still maintain some level of immersion. We are avid hikers and would love to meet more rangers who enjoy being active outdoors. Although we are happy to host events at our place, we're happy to travel. Our main goal is just to connect with other Tolkien fans/outdoor enthusiasts.
I saved a few pics in the directory below to share. Some are from ranger camp and some are from Smial gathering. Hope the link works! [https://photos.app.goo.gl/LdJB8jy3D8JE7fYh8]
Welcome! I'm located in north Texas so it would be a bit of a trip on my end but I love the photos! It looks like a grand time and it's nice to see everybody dressed up and enjoying nature.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
MrHemlock

Post by MrHemlock »

I live in Ohio. Have 50 acres in Carrollton Ohio. All rolling Hobbit hills. Love to join up and trek with you all. Don't have any ME camping gear yet but that is in the works.

Let me know 👍

Also, just bought the One Ring 2 edition rpg and was thinking about starting a rpg group if you like.
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

MrHemlock wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:07 am I live in Ohio. Have 50 acres in Carrollton Ohio. All rolling Hobbit hills. Love to join up and trek with you all. Don't have any ME camping gear yet but that is in the works.
I'm in Ohio near Columbus. I may be up for a gathering if enough people are interested.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.