LOTRO co-leveling Ranger Company

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Jon
Amrod Rhandir

LOTRO co-leveling Ranger Company

Post by Jon »

This is a continuation from the LOTRO ranger gathering thread.

We're setting up a company of rangers on the Landroval server.
Plan is to make a character, and level them to the end of the starting area (around level 8 ).

Current members in the company:
- Sgainbrachta
- Ranger of Arhtedain
- RangerKellen
- Dirhael
(user: Vilhehn, lvl 7 man Guardian)

We're still looking for 2 members (perhaps Ernildhir and his brother??). If you haven't created your character yet, do so! :D (no restrictions, but encouraged to be authentic as a ranger). When we are all ready we'll find a time to meet at the Prancing Pony.
Post the name and class of your character in this thread.

Good luck, and may the Valar guide you. See you online.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: LOTRO co-leveling Ranger Company

Post by RangerKellen »

I'm going to be using my dwarf who is a Champion. His name is Guthili. And he is just about out of the starting place so I'm getting excited!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I can do a Dwarven Guardian to help round things out if you like.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Ringulf, it would be awesome if you could join in. 5 people. We only need one more :D

Anyhow, Ringulf, what classes/races have you not played before and would like to try? We're trying to get the fellowship to be as efficient as possible, so I'm happy to make a different character who isn't a Guardian if you would like to take on that role.

People who haven't made their character: we need a DPS, a Healer, and a Support.

Life before Death.
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

Finished the updates last night, and will log in later today off and on- as I'm trying to get the shirt and belts done for Katie's kit today.

Maybe even the gaiters for the legs- they look simple... So little time to get done!!

AGain- until we figure out what-all we need- You should hit me on the following PCs- Eadlyferth, Eodhric, Eodgard, Farendas, Bawdewyne, Hyjalte, and my elf who's name I can't recall...
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I would prefer a Dwarf Ranger or Guardian as they are most familiar to me but, I can do a hobbit hunter or Guardian, I was thinking about a hobbit warden that could be a fun Ranger Character, I am not as good with the others but I have run a Dwarven Runemaster in the past for a healer type. (they are also not so bad offensivly eitherjust kind of slow)
Let me know what you might like. :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

I honestly think it is going to be extraordinarily difficult to find a playing time period that would consistently work for every member of the fellowship, but if you can pull it off, my brother and I could try to join you (I suppose that would put the fellowship at 7, but someone probably won't be able to make it anyway).
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Eruant
Wayfarer

Post by Eruant »

If I do join in, I'd most likely create a Rune-Keeper, as it looks like we're short a healer and it's the only class I haven't played around with yet. Looking foreword to it! :)
“An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong.”
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

Well, lets remember folks- we don't ALL have to play at any given time together, just as oft as we can.

We should try to hit the majority of the epic quests together- but lets face it- we are all busy, even though I work from home- I have not been able to log in to ANY game for more than 15 minutes at a time for the last 4 months!

Generally, I find it easiest to play after 6 or so, Pacific Standard time, myself. It's just by then, I'm usually done working with fire and steel~

Bestens!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I can play almost any time as long as you let me know when but I prefer late night gaming myself (EST)
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

I agree with Ernildir to be honest. But even if some us can make it, we'll still have a blast.

Follow this link: http://doodle.com/nyzm3uzd5dxui2ah

It's to arrange a date for our first meeting. All times/dates are EST.
Please select which date (in the evening) works best for you.

We'll probably play for about an hour, so we can get all basic things sorted, and hopefully do some of the epic quest.

Life before Death.
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

I have filled out the Doodle poll and am excited to see this play out!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

OK Ringulf, Dwarven Hunter, is waiting by the mailbox in front of the Prancing Pony on Landroval!
Let me know when anyone gets on and wants to play! :mrgreen:
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Ok, I know that 3 of us are at the ready, and 3 of us have filled out the poll.
If you haven't done that yet, please do, as it will really help us to find a date.

Am I the only one who is in a completely different time-zone? If I'm not, one idea would be that y'all do late-night gaming, and others get up at 5 or 6 am to do early morning gaming...? To avoid any weird times, especially since PST is something like 8 hours behind here :P

Edit: here's the link again http://doodle.com/nyzm3uzd5dxui2ah

Life before Death.
Ranger of Arthedain

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

I have just created a new character completely and deleted my elven guardian. My new one is Morfindes, a human minstrel. :) But I warn you, though the minstrel is typically considered a healing class, I heal poorly, and people tend to die, lol.

I too filled out the poll for the times I am available. Honestly, my typical schedule for a week is pretty hectic, lol. But if need be, I can be there. :) I too, like Ringulf, am usually a late night gamer, but I can be available during the day as well, like I said, if need be.
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.