Albion Barron sword

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Albion Barron sword

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Over the years I've handled lots of swords and I still have a lot to learn but this thing has truly impressed me. It's light, very sharp, handles and cuts very fluidly. It does have a cross on the pommel, so not exactly middle earth, (even though the Professor was Catholic: another thread somewhere?) but this thing does everything very well. Expensive: yes but I'm pleased. I would recommend this thing to anyone looking for a larger blade. Cheers!
Frodo lives!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Albion Barron sword

Post by Iodo »

Glad you like it :mrgreen: if the cross causes a problem with how well it fits into middle earth then it shouldn't be to hard to find a smith who would ether file and polish it off or replace the pommel, you could even have the design changed for something from middle earth?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

That's true. I've considered changing it many times but I've kept it because it's a link back to my faith. Just looks like I'll have to get that Duke sword...Ah shucks...:)
Frodo lives!
Zaskar24
Wanderer

Post by Zaskar24 »

Congratulations Taylor. I have owned two Albions in the past and they are fantastic swords. With the price of the Baron I am not sure how much I would do to it, though I do know someone that ended up having a custom blade mad for the guard and pommel of an Albion sword and sold the bare blade.

If you are looking at an Albion Duke next I would also suggest keeping your eyes out for a sword from Angus Trim. It is not as pretty as an Albion but from a performance stance they are superb. I still own my Angus Trim sword, which is a XIIIa like the Duke that you are looking at.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Awesome hey thanks!
Frodo lives!