New Member Introduction

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

mg2Arnor
Wanderer

New Member Introduction

Post by mg2Arnor »

Hello all. I am a new member that just joined the community in January. I have been somewhat active on the Facebook community under my full name, Michael Guerra, and I just wanted to introduce myself here on the Forum. I was somewhat involved on the Ranger seen a long time ago - maybe 20yrs? - following Andy's website. I wandered, got married, had a couple kids, finally left Texas, and now I'm raising my family in Western Washington. I'm 39, work in medical billing, but am an actor and singer by trade. I love literature, philosophy, spirituality, the arts, and especially being outside in the wild. I look forward to reading all the amazing material on the Forum here, and I look forward to building a new kit to get out there and wander in. Maybe even see some of you at a Moot one day . . .
Calenthir - Dunedain Ranger of the late 3rd Age
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Elleth »

Welcome!

Western Washington is gorgeous - I'm jealous! :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Eólfur
Wayfarer

Post by Eólfur »

Welcome!
mg2Arnor
Wanderer

Post by mg2Arnor »

Thank you all. I am looking forward to new adventures. Being new to this type of forum, how does one post pictures? It does not look like I can upload them directly from my computer to this post.
Eólfur
Wayfarer

Post by Eólfur »

mg2Arnor wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pm Thank you all. I am looking forward to new adventures. Being new to this type of forum, how does one post pictures? It does not look like I can upload them directly from my computer to this post.
When you are creating a post/reply, there is an option below the text window to add attachments. Or you can imbed an image as well. For baking mbedding, the photo would have to be online somewhere and you put the link between the image tags that get inserted when you click the image icon that is above the text window.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Hail and well met!
mg2Arnor
Wanderer

Post by mg2Arnor »

Thanks @Eolfur. I will try attaching something. I wanted to post a picture of the kit I have started to work on.
mg2Arnor
Wanderer

Post by mg2Arnor »

Here is my initial soft kit. I have a linen tunic and a wool over-tunic which I sewed myself. I now also have a wool/linen-lined hood which I just purchased.
Attachments
RangerSoftKit.jpg
RangerSoftKit.jpg (250.59 KiB) Viewed 4329 times
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Soft kit looks good! I love the pointy-ness of the skjoldehamn hood!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Always nice to see new faces, welcome Ranger.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

It's all looking great! Might I ask what the cordage(?) hanging off your right shoulder is? Is it a part of the hood, or something I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mg2Arnor
Wanderer

Post by mg2Arnor »

Greg wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:20 pm It's all looking great! Might I ask what the cordage(?) hanging off your right shoulder is? Is it a part of the hood, or something I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
Greg, they are attached to the hood, one on each side, as was found on the original Skjoldehamn hood. Tied behind the head, they create a more open field of vision.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

mg2Arnor wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:58 pm
Greg wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:20 pm It's all looking great! Might I ask what the cordage(?) hanging off your right shoulder is? Is it a part of the hood, or something I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
Greg, they are attached to the hood, one on each side, as was found on the original Skjoldehamn hood. Tied behind the head, they create a more open field of vision.
good spot Greg, mg2Arnor I'd be interested to see a photo of how this works from the back
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.