Ahoy!

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Ahoy!

Post by ChoseyChas »

Hey there guys! I've been skulking this forum for about a year or so now, finally felt confident enough to take the plunge and start building my Ranger kit. I'm still early on, but I've ordered some clothing and I'm waiting on shoes from Bohemond to upgrade the look. I'm super glad to have found a place like this where people are so passionate (and good) at what they do/like!

I'm not sure how to properly add pictures, but if I figure it out, I'll post my current kit. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Ahoy!

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome! Posting pics is tricky. I still cant figure it out so I use the imgur app.
Frodo lives!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Ahoy hoy yourself!

Iodos guide to Imgur worked for me, give it a shot and if it's too tricky I'll break it down with screenshots.

https://www.middleearthrangers.org/foru ... 332#p47332
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome!

Posting pics direct to the forum is tricky because there's a file size limit. Once you know what dimensions to resize your images to to make them small enough, it becomes routine. Unfortunately, I can't advise you, because everyone's camera is different, but the advice above will serve you well too!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Mae govannen!

On the subject of pictures, my only recommendation is to upload them directly to the forum. Living through the decline of Photobucket and ImageShack has made me wary of outside hosting services such as Imgur. As I understand it, once it's been uploaded and attached to the forum, it's there to stay. No disappearing photos a few years down the the road. Figuring out the dimensions can be a pain like Greg said but to me it's worth it in the long run. I'm still not sure the precise dimensions of attachments but I usually just muck about with it until it works.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Post by ChoseyChas »

Let's hope this works, lol.
Attachments
20220803_203011.jpg
20220803_203011.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
20220803_203106.jpg
20220803_203106.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Cool! What sword do you carry?
Frodo lives!
ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Post by ChoseyChas »

I carry a blunted Balaur Arms 15th Century Italian Longsword.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

That's a better starting kit than many Cosey, the new boots and a nice layer of trail dirt will have you 90% of the way to done!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Post by ChoseyChas »

The trail dirt is what I'm most excited for! Moved from Texas to the PNW and the nature shift is insane!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Looks good so far! Other than the new boots, what's your next step in adding to or improving your kit?
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome Ranger!
ChoseyChas
Wanderer

Post by ChoseyChas »

I'm still shopping around for a cloak and hood, I'm fairly sure I want a separate combo of them instead of them on one garment. I'm eyeing around for a nice plain belt knife for bushcraft, deciding maybe between a seax and a puuka, and also a bow for sure. I'm also still wanting to craft more things, I have a couple of flat, top opening, belt pouches, I'm wanting to make thicker ones to hold more, a snapsack, bedroll, the actual camping/trekking gear.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome :P

Your kit looks awesome so far
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.