New Primitive Skills DVDs available.

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

Le-Loup
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

New Primitive Skills DVDs available.

Post by Le-Loup »

Three of my new DVDs are now available, & they are being published in the States. I don't imagine anyone here will be interested in the Muzzle-Loaders DVD, although it does contain extra videos. But you may find the one on Moccasins & More usefull, & definately the one on Fire.
New Living History Primitive Skills DVDs Now Available.
Three of my new DVDs are now available. These were made for living historians and historical trekkers, but will also be of interest to Bushcrafters, Preppers and Survivalists.

Moccasins & More: This covers making the woodland Indian centre seam moccasin from start to finish, including pattern making. There are also extra videos bringing the total to about 15 videos on each DVD.

Muzzle-Loaders & More: This covers loading, cleaning, servicing, about the fusil, the shot pouch and contents plus extra videos.

Fire: This shows a variety of period ways to make fire with flint, steel and tinderbox, plus wet weather fire lighting, plant tinders, plant tinder preparation, reading glass and spectacles fire lighting, tinderlighter, the fire-bow and more. The plant tinders are mostly Australian flora, but there are others that are available overseas in America, England and Europe.

For more information & ordering, please go to: http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.a ... e-now.html
Or go direct to: https://www.trepstar.com/purchase.asp?i ... 0&mode=all
I have kept the prices down below normal costs for this type of video, so even with postage they will cost you no more. To purchase all three is even less expensive than purchasing them one at a time. I ordered all three & the postage was under $7.00 (In America & the rest of the world postage will cost less).
Regards, Keith H. Burgess.
Primitive Skills Instructor.
Author of Primitive Fire Lighting-Flint & Steel & Fire-Bow.
New England Colonial Living History Group 1680-1760.

Any questions, just ask.
Sincere regards to all, Keith aka Le Loup aka Miingan.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: New Primitive Skills DVDs available.

Post by Eledhwen »

Outstanding. I have your other two.

I happen to have a Kentucky flintlock and a percussion Hawken, with a Northwest Trade Gun waiting in the wings.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh very nice!

Erich has a black powder .44 pistol hehe

But the moccasin and fire dvd's would definately come in handy for us.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Le-Loup

Post by Le-Loup »

Eledhwen wrote:Outstanding. I have your other two.

I happen to have a Kentucky flintlock and a percussion Hawken, with a Northwest Trade Gun waiting in the wings.

Eledhwen
Excellent!
Regards, Keith.
Robert Frost.

Le-Loup

Post by Le-Loup »

Kiriana wrote:Oh very nice!

Erich has a black powder .44 pistol hehe

But the moccasin and fire dvd's would definately come in handy for us.
Yes the fire DVD you should find very interesting. From what I have seen of medieval footwear & indeed primitive footwear from other countries, the methods of construction are very much like the North American woodland Indian Iroquois centre seam moccasin. Great to wear in the woods, to my mind nothing to beat them.
Regards, Keith.
Robert Frost.

Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I still giggle that you are from New England.... Australia.. I'm from New England.. north eastern US hehe.. I'm from Connecticut!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Le-Loup

Post by Le-Loup »

Kiriana wrote:I still giggle that you are from New England.... Australia.. I'm from New England.. north eastern US hehe.. I'm from Connecticut!
Yes there are quite a few people in the US that have thought I was in the US. New England here is in the North East. We also have The Great Lakes over here on the NSW coast where I have spent weeks trekking in winter.
Robert Frost.