Long-Promised Pouch Pics

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Steven S.
Wayfarer

Long-Promised Pouch Pics

Post by Steven S. »

Here are the pics I have been promising to put up in the leather/horn topic. I'm not quite sure how to post pics directly, so I shall just put up a link...
http://whatsarmour.googlepages.com/beltpouch

The manner in which i finished the leather and horn has already been described in the leather topic. The cloth liner is canvas ducking that I saturated with melted beeswax using an old iron. The back of the leather flap is not dyed - the colour you see is a result of darkening from the mineral oil process. The back of the pouch is wrinkled because the edge of the leather I cut it from was, and since it's on the back I decided it didn't matter (just me being cheap :wink: ).

Something I would do differently next time: not using leather to edge the liner as it prevented my original drawstring idea from being feasible for anyone other than Magilla Gorilla :P .
"Nay the Shadow lengthens, and the Hidden remain hid."
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Nice job! What are the demensions from here it looks like about 4" x 6".
Steven S.
Wayfarer

Post by Steven S. »

Thanks! Whoops.. knew I would forget something! Pretty close guess... Its 7" x 5" x c. 2"
Andy M
Dunedain Chieftain

Post by Andy M »

Steven, Very nice!
Steven S.
Wayfarer

Post by Steven S. »

Thank you :)
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

AWESOME pouch! I love the look of it, great job!

Mirimaran
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

That's a really good looking pouch. I need to come up with a couple of pouches for my own belt before too long. Thanks for sharing. I like it!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett

Post by Willrett »

Yeah same here Eric but I'll just add them to the list. Wow I got a big list :D :P