Waystations

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Oissene
Wayfarer

Waystations

Post by Oissene »

So whats needed at a waystation? and do you have any in your area?
Secure, out of the way(off the beaten path), food(what kind and how much)
Repair supplies, medical supplies, extra clothing and blankets, weapons?

Where and whats needed?
watchinglisteningdefending
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I don't think we're quite that organizied yet.

If you're asking about non-ME supplies, I keep food, water, a backpack, dropcloth, blanket, spare clothing, fire starting equip, tools, knife, a sharpening stone, cooking, eating utensils and a medical kit in my car at all times.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I have two locations that could be considered my own personal Waystations. They're not stocked with equipment, but they're favorite old haunts that I camp at fairly regularly.

But Pete's right. And besides, if I had STOCKED waystations, someone'd come along and steal some of my stuff eventually. My hills are full of the homeless, and they'd just LOVE something shiny like a side of dried beef...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

I'd love to start some hidden caches of supplies I could get to in an emergency... too many people 'round here though, and not enough wilderness.

I was thinking of one day taking a good knife, axe, some warm clothing, dried food, tarp and some cash, sealing it all in a watertight container, and burying it all somewhere hidden and out-of-the-way. That way, I have something I can get to in a worst-case scenario.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Perhaps a military surplus weather-sealed metal ammunition box is in order...I could use a buried cache at some point, I'm sure!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett

Post by Willrett »

Once I am able to buy a some land I look to have a small cache set up somewhere on it with the basics.

I think any waystation needs to have sewing supplies and a decent amount of misc cloth for repairs. Some eating and cooking utensils, also some food that can be stored for very long times. Also a few extra cloaks and blankets. Extra arrow making supplies and a whetstone or two. Outside of the station there should be several kinds of fruits and veggies planted but in to organized of a fashion.

Just a few thoughts for a waystation.
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

We have a 40 acre chunk of land here in Maine, 15 of it is wooded with lots of deer paths thru. I've considered a few times of building a small shelter on the far end of the property with the basics, perhaps a simple camouflaged A-frame but as I am still getting the basics of my personal kit together it's on the back burner. Some day!
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

similar thread was discussed on hows & whats of a waystation

Ranger Waystation
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.