For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Wow! Now those are small rings! Light as a feather, strong as dragon's scales indeed! Would love to see that in person! Thanks for the link!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

That's intense...and EXPENSIVE.

Would love to have some...but DAAAAANG. Never gonna happen.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett

Post by Willrett »

That's almost as much as my whole wish list. But it's nice.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

A few years ago there was a guy selling these on Ebay. The small welded links are for butchers gloves and aprons. This particular company also made some hauberks and sleeveless shirts and was selling them as law enforcement and bouncer's shirts. The price was less then 1/2 what is being offered at Icefalcon.

He also sold some end of run and remnant pieces, I have a bag of scrapes somewhere. I used a little for trim on a scabbard, and the biggest remaining piece would make a hauberk for a 1/6th scale action figure: Marx Knights or GI Joe.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Ice Falcon is one of the more expensive armories out there. They are prompt in getting your order to you, the armor is well made, at least the pieces I have seen, but as I say, he's one of the higher end suppliers.

I know the LARP community hereabouts gets those shirts much more cheaply. I'll see if I can track down the supplier.

Siani
Nandalad!
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

An AZON machine commonly makes mail for safety items.
AZON Machine

A lot of SCA folks from Legio Draconis talk about:
Master Knuut's Welded Chainmail
but noticed was a two year back-order on haulberks.

Might try the Trading Room at:
The Ring Lord's Chainmail Forum
or other LHE forums.

BTW I've met IceFalcon once in person. Seems like a cool guy, for a Marine. Met him a few more time on the field and he hits like a cannon. SCA-wise, he's war-king for the East this Pennsic. Can't wait!!!. His stuff tends a little pricey for me, but often he posts specials on mail.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.