New pouch for sale!

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Manveruon
Thangailhir

New pouch for sale!

Post by Manveruon »

Hey folks! Just wanted to put this out there so everyone can see the new pouch we've got up on the Castaway Trading Company's Etsy shop. I figured this one might interest you all here quite a bit. This pouch was designed as sort of a hybrid between a Birka style Viking pouch and a typical High Middle Ages belt pouch. It is completely hand stitched with waxed linen thread, without the use of any modern rivets, etc, and the closure uses no buttons, fasteners, or anything of that nature. To secure the pouch, the flap is closed, with the small loop protruding through the hole, and then the long fastening strap is passed through the loop. This holds the flap more securely than I would have believed when I first made a pouch like this, and what's more, it's remarkably easy to get open and closed - much more so than a button or tie of some kind.

Anyway, I hope you all like it! This one was kind of a labor of love, and I think it's probably one of the best pouches I've made to date. I hope it finds a very good home!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112170980/ ... large-hand

Here are some pics for you:

Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Kiriana
Haeropada

Re: New pouch for sale!

Post by Kiriana »

VERY NICE I like that one!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Thank you! Like I said, I hope it finds a good home. I had half a mind to just keep it for myself, but I've already got a functional pouch for my ranger stuff, so I figured I shouldn't be greedy, heh.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

And incidentally, we've still got this great one up:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/96337632/r ... uch-medium

AND! We've lowered the price on this one slightly to match the others:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/100291416/ ... ouch-large

Get 'em while they last! I'd love to see one of these go to a fellow ranger!
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

I would love to have that pouch but I'm tight on money right now. :( I know that sounds weird coming from a fourteen and-a-half year old boy but I'm trying desperately to save up for a car before it's too late! However, Christmas is coming up... :wink:
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Haha, no, I completely understand! If you ever are in the market though, hit me up! I'm happy to do custom work!
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

Awesome thanks!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Looks great and I am gonna borrow the closure design for a sheath I'm making for a small knife.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Cool! Definitely post some pics of it! I'd love to see how you work it into a knife sheath!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

And another new one! Check it out here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/112507475/ ... edium-hand