For Sale: Hun Horsebow by Kassai Lajos

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

mcapanelli
Haeropada

For Sale: Hun Horsebow by Kassai Lajos

Post by mcapanelli »

Hello all,

Well next on the list is a Hun model Horse Bow from Horsebows.com. This bow was made in Hungary by Kassai Lajos and has horn on the syhas and a decorative horn handle depicting a running horse in the Hunnish tradition. There's a Jelling dragon motif on the red leather covering as well. The sites description is as follows.......

The Hun
Asymmetrical, the upper limb is 4.5 inches longer than the lower! No, it does not make the bow unbalanced or throw the arrow funny. But it does make it the best bow for horseback archery When strung the syhas rest so far forward that the string has to be held in place. This is accomplished with a fin along the back of sihas that the loops of the string lay on either side of. The bow throws an arrow at a velocity equal to a long bow of half again its draw weight. I know that does not sound right. I did not believe it at first, but I have come to enjoy the looks on experienced archers' faces as they watch the trajectory of the Hun's arrows. This is a precision instrument and is not forgiving. It gives you amazing efficiency but the design is limited to under 45#. It is 62 inches tall strung and unstrung. It has a 59 inch string. It does not start stacking until 36 inches of draw. The bow weights 2 lb 6oz. It is only made in weights from 27# to 45#. $480 USD

As you can see the base bow is $480, not including the horn decorations. I'm also including 10 arrows from rudder bows and a leather quiver and bow sock. 45@28 is the weight and draw of this fine bow. I've only shot her twice so everything is like new. I'm asking $425 shipped in the CONUS for the whole package, I even have an extra bow string and bees wax too. I accept Pay Pal and money orders although Pay Pal is preferred.
Winter is coming
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: For Sale: Hun Horsebow by Kassai Lajos

Post by David »

Could you post a picture or two?
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

David wrote:Could you post a picture or two?

You know, I sold the bow a while ago. If you want I could see if I could dig up a pic or two.
Winter is coming
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by David »

mcapanelli wrote:
David wrote:Could you post a picture or two?

You know, I sold the bow a while ago. If you want I could see if I could dig up a pic or two.
Oh, ok. Don't bother with the pictures, just now saw the date on your post...it was from last year! :lol: I would have hoped someone would have picked it up by then!
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40