A fine piece of '80s fantasy memorabilia

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Odigan
Vendor

A fine piece of '80s fantasy memorabilia

Post by Odigan »

There is a post over on MyArmoury selling several vintage Del Tin swords, one of which looks to have been the cherished belonging of some LOTR fancier. Take a look at the "Fantasy leaf sword" (last couple of images) as it has been craftily adorned with runes and the ring inscription in the Black Speech.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: A fine piece of '80s fantasy memorabilia

Post by Greg »

Interesting! Looks very much a witchking blade.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elemmakil
Dúnadan

Re: A fine piece of '80s fantasy memorabilia

Post by Elemmakil »

Odigan wrote:There is a post over on MyArmoury selling several vintage Del Tin swords, one of which looks to have been the cherished belonging of some LOTR fancier. Take a look at the "Fantasy leaf sword" (last couple of images) as it has been craftily adorned with runes and the ring inscription in the Black Speech.
I like the idea, but not the execution, alas. For something like this, I would *NEVER* use a modern alphabet!

Note that the blade for this particular sword was originally used for MRL's "Glamdring" offering. At some point they discontinued, presumably due to legal hassles from Tolkien Enterprises, but retained the blade for this generic fantasy sword.

Does make me want to do a full court press on my Noldor sword and get it done, though.