Elven steel

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Shadowhawk
Dúnadan

Elven steel

Post by Shadowhawk »

So I was practicing some techniques with my wu jian and it came to mind that it looked pretty elvish to me with its heavily engraved pommel and guard and its slim, elegant yet strong blade. Even the way that it is used would seem right at home in amongst the firstborn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTK0ursJkk Mine is pictured above, the cold steel gim with slightly modified sheath. I think I'll propably mostly carry this if I want to carry a sword seeing as I actually know how to use it with more finesse than a machete. It will propably spend most of its time safely attached to my backpack or carried by the attached cord. Also pictured are my new sirupate khukuri that have found a semi-permanent place at the small of my back. You can partially blame Tauriel and Legolas for those...
Attachments
Khukuri.jpg
Khukuri.jpg (25.87 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
Elven sword.jpg
Elven sword.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: Elven steel

Post by Straelbora »

The top knives look like kukri, the knives carried by the Nepalese Ghurka soldiers in service to the British Military. I have one that was used in WWII. It's got a great weight and feel.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál