Custom Sword Build

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Custom Sword Build

Post by Eothain »

Great sword! Congratulations, Manveruon!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Alright, if my calculations are correct, you should have had the sword for at least 12 hours now.

I don't know about you, but it doesn't take [me 12 hours to toss on some garb, grab a sword, and snap a pic... *wink*
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Haha, yes, yes indeed the sword did arrive yesterday. I have been totally caught up with family stuff for Christmas over the last two days, and tomorrow I'm working, so it may be a while before I have time to do a full review and put up pics. That being said, I WILL get to it eventually! SO EXCITED!!!!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Just a quick update here folks: mcapanelli's review post about his Albion Crecy reminded me that I still need to do a really good review of MY sword for everyone. So far I have all the necessary stats on the sword EXCEPT the weight, because I simply don't own a scale with which to weigh it. Hopefully soon I can pick one up somewhere or find another way to measure this, and then I will have the review, plus tons of pics, I promise!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Get on your scale(or someones scale you know) and weigh yourself, then get on the scale holding your sword, subtract the first wieght from the last wieght and viola! You have the wieght of the sword. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Excellent thought - Uuuuuuunfortunately, I don't actually own any scale. Of any kind. Gotta get on that.
Hopefully soon I will be able to get together with a guy I know in the SCA to make a scabbard for the thing, and when I do that I will try to use his scale, if I don't get one for myself before that. I'll keep you guys posted!