Leather Armor

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Leather Armor

Post by Beornmann »

There is a local gent that makes leather SCA armor and I was just drooling over some pieces in his gallery, looking up ideas for my Christmas list. Thought I should share.

Torvaldr's Leatherworks
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Leather Armor

Post by wulfgar »

I had a set of his lamellar when I fought in the SCA. Great stuff!
You can't take the sky from me.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I love Torvald's stuff! I have had his site saved for inspiration for quite a while. I have been working on my own SCA combat archery armor and mine too is going to be leather. I have been working mostly on the extremeties, but tI am somewhat on the fence between a Russ type Lamelar chest plate or a few other styles. (One being a Lotro style Dwarf chest plate and shoulders) As in the case of my persona the arguement of my use of armor is somewhat conjectural, I was tempted to do something completely off the map and go Dwarven! (I know some guys have Rohirim and Elven stuff so why not?) :wink:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
deadextra
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by deadextra »

I have sets of gauntlets, bazubands, and knees from thorvaldr. It's all good stuff, does the job and is light, but the stitching is distinctly modern material and the rivets are two piece jobs. It's all nice and I definitely use it, I just don't intend the leather to be the outside layer when my fighting kit is done.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Some nice kit
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'