Ways you carry your gear?

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Isaac Campbell
Wayfarer

Ways you carry your gear?

Post by Isaac Campbell »

I do not have the gear or skill to make my own gear to test out different carrying stylesright now, so I was wondering how all you rangers carry your gear, and if it is comfortable for long periods at a time.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Ways you carry your gear?

Post by Peter Remling »

Hi Isaac and Welcome!

I normally don't like to suggest doing a search to new members but the subject of carrying gear has come up many times and just about everyone does it a little different.

I use an old converted backpack and I've made a leather backpack for another member. Several use Haversacks (think Civil War). A few use a variety of horseshoe (blanket rolls). There are several other ways used by members so it would be best to review all the threads and then pick out what works best for you.
Isaac Campbell
Wayfarer

Post by Isaac Campbell »

Thanks Peter, I have known about those ways for a while, they are pretty good ways, but whenever I roll up my blanket it always ends up looking weird or fitting weird. No worries I will keep looking. Thank you ranger!
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Here is a link from our (many) discussions on the subject:

http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... oll#p20024

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"