A not so new sword maker

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Arbellason
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

A not so new sword maker

Post by Arbellason »

Found this guy a few years back when looking at custom sword prices. Well if the money ever comes along I think a matching sword and dagger are in order with a pipe to go along.

http://www.fableblades.com/
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: A not so new sword maker

Post by Straelbora »

He makes beautifual stuff. And charges an appropriate fee, which, at this point, I can't imagine justifying the cost to my wife.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Brendon is also a member on this forum.
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

Brendon's work is superb, since learning of his work years ago on SBG, I have wanted to order something from him. Everything I have heard and comments I have seen from him all point to him being a pretty nice guy too. Which doesn't alter the swords he makes but does make doing business with him much more pleasant. From the accounts of people who have ordered from him, the process has always been pretty positive. Which to me is a great plus when ordering custom work.
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

I am in love with this place. As I recall, somebody asked about the Sword of Truth from Legend of the Seeker and this guy HAS IT MADE!!!! I find this incredible because I have literally NEVER seen this sword anywhere!!
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Agreed, looks right up there with other forgers I've seen and owned such as Christian Fletcher. I may have to drop him a line...
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I've been drooling over FableBlades swords for years now. Absolutely incredible work. I don't know that there's any other swordmaker out there who crafts items of quite the same caliber. By a totally weird and random fluke last year I discovered a guy I went to high school with (and not someone I would have pegged for a sword enthsiast) just happens to own one of his Long-Claw swords, and I was able to handle it, which was an absolute treat. Sadly, I'll probably never have the means to afford any of his work - but a man can dream.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains