Swallow-tail arrowhead from 3-rivers

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Swallow-tail arrowhead from 3-rivers

Post by RikJohnson »

I give 3-Rivers archery a lot of my money. I buy shafts, feathers and target points from Saggittarius but the rest of my gear mostly comes from 3-Rivers. And so long as you give them money , they send you paper catalogues (wish books as it were).
Sometimes I buy things from them, sometimes I see what they offer and think “I can make that myself” like I made leather bow-tip protectors, bow stringers, string keeper, a portable string-making jig, and a bunch of really neat things or toys or whatever . They even sell a period-looking spear-head at an affordable price (though it is more of a wall-hanger than useful)
Their #29 Catalogue has something I’ve wanted for some time… they now offer a Period-Looking Swallowtail arrow-head!
The main drawback is that it is a screw-in and not a glue-on head so maybe if enough people write-in requesting a glue-on swallowtail arrowhead, they can ask the manufacturer to produce it!

Basic info: Schmeisser item # 5265x in 100, 125, 150, 180 & 200 grain.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Swallow-tail arrowhead from 3-rivers

Post by Greg »

You can buy inserts that glue onto a shaft, but have screw-in threads on the tips, for those heathens who want to shoot mechanical broadheads and changeable-blade heads on wood shafts...typically can't even be seen. Most add between 25 & 50 gr.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.