Medieval "Pants"

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

theowl
Vendor

Re: Medieval "Pants"

Post by theowl »

When I first started doing Faires I used a pair of black scrub pants that I got at wal mart for around $10. They're really simple drawstring cotton pants that work for most periods. That being said I have a pair of the GDFB 15th century wool pants that someone linked to before, and I love them. They have become the only pants I wear when I gear up.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I have a pair of their boots that I like quite a bit. I think the pants are on the list this year.

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

I recommend them highly. I have a pair of brown and a pair of black.
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

It looks like GDFB no longer carries these wool pants. Or else they're very counter-intuitive to find on their site. I searched the forums and found that link you mentioned, and Dark Knight still carries them, in Natural (dye-able) or Brown.
Happy Hunting
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Cashanwei can still get them, so I assume they still make them.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

just wanted to say I did a google search for medieval wool pants and this post was the third item on the second page of results.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Arbellason
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Arbellason »

Found this on google search as well and the GDFB wool pants are on KOA but they've got nothing small enough for my small 28" waist. So does anyone have any sites that might have wool pants for us thin folk.
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.
Stormraven

Post by Stormraven »

Don't know if these are what you are looking for - they're cotton twill -grey and have a button bib front but might could be adapted and the price is good. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1426847762
"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

One site that I would suggest is Historic Enterprises - http://historicenterprises.com/mens-c-9 ... -c-99_117/

It looks like they have small sizes for some of their pants options, and they also have some products that can be made to order using your measurements. You're going to pay more, though.

Another option could be to get some military surplus wool pants and "medieval-ify" them by sewing shut/removing the pockets and replacing the zipper fly.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Otherwise, you may be able to find a pattern for some simple drawstring pajama pants and get creative!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Arbellason

Post by Arbellason »

That link to Historic Enterprises is well appreciated I have never seen them before but it looks like they have some very good stuff. I did order a pair or medieval styled pants though they are cotton. I also have a tunic underway and hopefully they will be here before winter so I can take a picture before the leaves fall. Though my cloak and boots are due to arrive sometime this winter sadly.
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.