New Live weapons Archery Bracer

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

New Live weapons Archery Bracer

Post by Ringulf »

At our last Kingdom SCA event I held a new type of tourney that was designed to get the Archery and Thrown Weapons folks together for one big shoot&throw. I called it the Live weapons Quadrathalon and required the use of bow, spear, axe and knife. Three arrows at the 40yd, 30yd and 20yd butts and then we moved next door to the TW range and threw 3 spear at the 20ft, 3 axes at the 18ft and 3 knives at the 10ft.
All targets were exactly the same face, with the bull's eye being 3 pts and the next ring 2pts and the outer ring 1pt. The total high score was the winner and the spread of weapons was to level the playing feild and make a game were it paid to be a good all around live weapons Ranger.

This was a "Soft Open"for this activity and we had some bugs to fix as far as logistics and timing but we all had a great time. My Buddy Landon won the prize as he is a very skilled archer that has gotten his feet wet in TW and now is hooked!

The prize was an archery bracer/arm guard of my own design that included three small throwing knives on the back and a sturdy front plackard for protecting the inner forearm from bowstring slap.

Brandwyn liked it so much she wants one for Chrismas.

I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: New Live weapons Archery Bracer

Post by Manveruon »

Gorgeous bracer! And I love the tourney idea! If you ever run into anyone from the Outlands you should put a bug in their ear about it. I'd love my kingdom to hold something like that some time.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Raziel Alastor
Wanderer

Post by Raziel Alastor »

Really nice. I like how you can sheath three knives into it.
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

Nice, thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun bracer project. Functional and cool looking.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

I like it
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Eothain »

Very cool!

I love the fact that you craft these items and use them as prizes for competitions within your kingdom! Great way to keep everyone active and forging friendship!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.