Khyber knife

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Khyber knife

Post by wulfgar »

I eventually plan on having a Hobbit impression and a Woodman impression. For my Woodman impression I will be going with a spear, axe and a small square shield which I have posted awhile back. I have a large khyber knife that I got from Kult of Athena and though it may be a good weapon for a Woodman. My thought being that the Elves of Mirkwood (Legolas) carried large knives for close fighting, and the Woodmen more and likely have had contact with said elves. So I figure that my Woodman may have adopted a similar weapon.
I have removed the leather from the wooden core and am in the process of thinning it down, it was unbelievably overdone, and I will be applying a new coat of leather when I am finished. I would like to make a brass throat for it, but I have no idea how to go about that.
You can't take the sky from me.
RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Khyber knife

Post by RikJohnson »

I've always loved those blades.

it's like a combnination of short sword and hunting knife and machete all in one item.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.