HEAD FILE

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

HEAD FILE

Post by RikJohnson »

When I need to sharpen an arrowhead, It is safer to remove it from the arrow shaft then you have to hold that thing. So I made this set-up.

This is just a handle I found at a yard sale, I have no idea of what it is, but I drilled the center, set a section of 11/32” shaft, filed the end to fit my heads and the kit fits. The head is on only for show, it is held by friction until sharp, then it is removed, set into the handle notches, and set onto the actual arrow shaft.

The sharpener in action. I am looking for a thin piece of whetstone for the other side so I will have stone & steel in one unit.

Rhonin has given me some great ideas in his (A Tested Archers Hard Kit) posting to cause me to modify my own archers kit. I am negotiating with a student who owns his own tree-service to collect for me pine sap so I can make some pine glue for my kit. And I am working on Sulphur matches.

A work in progress, never finished, always new ideas to test.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.