Cold Steel MAA Italian Longsword!!

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Cold Steel MAA Italian Longsword!!

Post by Daerir »

Or as I like to call it, anti-shine, full stealth black bladed, ranger sword!!!! Its downright awesome. Its tight fitting and light! It came with a demo test certificate. It was struck against a wooden block on each blade, each flat, and then it was thrust point first and made to bend 5" to each side and the only way it passes is if it takes NO set or bend. I love it and I'm glad I bought it. Great first sword!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://prntscr.com/8ek300

It came with a leather sheath with and I bought a sword frog off amazon.com for it. It hangs great from my side. The blade tapers to a narrow point so its good for poking nasty orcses and came pretty sharp, it just needs that final touch :mrgreen:
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Cold Steel MAA Italian Longsword!!

Post by Ursus »

Congrats! I've never handled any of Cold Steels swords but I have heard a lot of good things about this particular blade. I hope it serves you well.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

If you've read the Sil or Children of Hurin, you certainly know that Tolkien already named it for you...convenient!

Congrats. Train safe!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RikJohnson »

I bought the polished version at the first Combat-Con and love the blade.
Cold Steel makes two versions , one longer and one broader of blade. Both are a wonder to hold.

I also bought the Hanswei hand-and-half (unsharpened) as a tournament blade and the CS poly hand-and-half for practice. Yes, when I die my daughter wioll have a field day selling all my blades.

Still, I think the CS handle a bit better than the Hanwei.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Be sure to take the pommel off to make sure the tang is in good condition. For a while there, cold steel swords had a threaded rod VERY poorly welded onto the end of the tang.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Yay. Nice purchase. Congrats
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'