My kit

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Frothgar
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

My kit

Post by Frothgar »

Hey all,

way before i found this site i had been working on a long research project. my goal was to make a basic, period, camp and travel kit for myself.

I fight in Dagorhir battle games. its a fast paced, full contact, non choreographed fighting game. our weapons are foam padded, our feeling is to pad the weapon not the player. oh and there is no magic, magic s@cks (can we swear on this forum?)

anyway, characterization is left up to the individual in Dagorhir/ you can be as authentic or as boring as you like. the link below is to the Dagorhir bulletin board. The document can expalin itself probably better than i can explain it. so ill stop rambling and let you peruse for yourself.

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=16165.0

Later,

Frothgar

oh, ill probably repot the whole thing here in a few days, when i have all my pictures at hand.
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: My kit

Post by Willrett »

Great looking kit.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I clicked around a bit and found the thread where you were discussing forming realistic kits for your Dag characters and the like. Very interesting, and very much what we do here!

I'm currently looking through your photo album of your kit and that trek you took. I'm diggin' the sandals! In all seriousness, you are WELL on your way! Most new members come in starting out, and are just beginning to form a functional kit, but you are well underway, I see! Good stuff!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

heh, yeah the sandals wear a concession. i didnt have my ghilles made yet and the only pair of period moccasins i had were crazy thin and starting to get holes. i went for something that wouldnt insulat too well, offered no ankle support, but would protect the bottoms of my feet. i also didnt have my garb with me. so went for the closest thing to my garb with modern cloths.

thanks

Frothgar

Edit: spelling and grammar
Last edited by Frothgar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

What a great kit! That is exactly the concept; think out realistically what your persona would need and make it a reality. Outstanding effort and you make Cimmeria proud!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
David

Post by David »

Lookin' good Frothgar, lookin' good. Extra points for the Gaffigan quote... BACON!! ;)
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Frothgar wrote: (can we swear on this forum?)

Preferable to keep the swearing to a minimum. Some of us have kids that like to read over our shoulders. :wink:

But the kit is looking good! You've got a good jump on many of us who have been here for a while.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.