Yuletide Gift Exchange - anyone interested?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Re: Yuletide Gift Exchange - anyone interested?

Post by Eric C »

Okay, if you are in on this and are awaiting a gift, keep your eyes open between tomorrow and Thursday. It's on the way. My wife packed it so be careful about opening it early. You should probably wait until Sunday to open the box.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Still working on mine. I feel bad. Mine will likely be the last to go out. I should've chosen a craft that required fewer hours of labor. :/
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Mine should go out tomorrow. I received a box from Udwin I believe today. I am very excited to see what is inside !
You can't take the sky from me.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I may have missed it, but have we all come to an agreement on a specific time and date that they would all be opened, simultainiously? :?
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Ringulf wrote:I may have missed it, but have we all come to an agreement on a specific time and date that they would all be opened, simultainiously? :?
I don't think so... I'm torn between Sun afternoon (not at work) and Monday morning the 21st (real Yule)- I'm thinking the latter. Not that we all have to go at once. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I'm probably aiming for Shire Yule: Dec. 20th.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Manveruon wrote:I'm probably aiming for Shire Yule: Dec. 20th.
I like that! Yule by Shire reconning would be very appropriate in my mind, I have so much contact with these Hobbits, it is hard to do elsewise! :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I doubt we will all be able to come to a consensus, but I'm aiming for the 20th if it arrives before. If not then that joker's gettin' opened as soon as it gets in my hands. :lol: Or maybe the morning of the 25th.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Mine went out today. 20th sounds good!
You can't take the sky from me.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Woo! Just got home from a trip out of town, and what do I see but a new box on the table.

As to timing... please Br'er Fox, don't make me open presents a day early!

20th sounds delightful. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Elleth wrote:Woo! Just got home from a trip out of town, and what do I see but a new box on the table.

As to timing... please Br'er Fox, don't make me open presents a day early!

20th sounds delightful. :mrgreen:
Glad to hear it made it there safe!
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well now, this is disappointing. I haven't seen that anyone got a package from me today so I decided to track it. Supposed to be at the destination today, but still in transit. :( So whoever is still waiting, keep your eyes peeled. It's coming.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Ooooooooooookay... so I'm ALMOST done with mine, but still technically running late for the deadline. I'm really, really, sorry guys. I feel like a jerk, and I'm trying to get there as quickly as possible.

Since everyone else, mostly, has been accounted for, I'm going to just go ahead and reveal who I got right now.

For this gift exchange, I got: Eric C.

Eric, I will be putting your gift in the mail as soon as I am able, but in the mean time, I had another idea. If you could PM me with your email address, I will send you what essentially amounts to a digital copy of your gift, and then as soon as I finish the actual, physical version (holefully in the next day or so), I will put it in the mail, straightaway.

Does that sound okay to you?
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

wulfgar wrote:Mine went out today. 20th sounds good!
I recieved your package today, so no worries here! Thank you Wulfgar! The twentieth is going to be a lot of fun all around I am sure! I can't wait! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Manveruon wrote:Ooooooooooookay... so I'm ALMOST done with mine, but still technically running late for the deadline. I'm really, really, sorry guys. I feel like a jerk, and I'm trying to get there as quickly as possible.

Since everyone else, mostly, has been accounted for, I'm going to just go ahead and reveal who I got right now.

For this gift exchange, I got: Eric C.

Eric, I will be putting your gift in the mail as soon as I am able, but in the mean time, I had another idea. If you could PM me with your email address, I will send you what essentially amounts to a digital copy of your gift, and then as soon as I finish the actual, physical version (holefully in the next day or so), I will put it in the mail, straightaway.

Does that sound okay to you?

I have a hard time getting upset with someone who is missing a deadline because I think every commission I've ever taken gets to its recipient late. That'll do. :wink:

Hoping Udwin got mine. USPS said it was delivered, but I've seen nothing that says he actually got it. Just want to make sure it wasn't stolen from your doorstep or something.