Wool Scarves...

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Wool Scarves...

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi all,

My wife and fellow Ranger Morielda knits and crochets, and she is now offering 100% wool scarves for sale. They are in ranger colors of browns and greys, some natural but all 100% wool. She is asking a flat rate of $20.00 for all CONUS customers and $25 for anyone outside the U.S. . The flat rate covers shipping and handling as well. If you are interested, drop me a note via PM and arrangements will be made. Payment should be in money order only, please. The scarves are made to order, so please state length and width and color desired, and she will do her best to accommodate you.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Wool Scarves...

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Awesome! I was just thinking today, I needed a scarf! 8) A 20 MPH wind @ 16 degrees is good for getting the priorities in order. I'll get with you shortly. Thanks!
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Consider me interested as well!

You said specify your length and width...how about 6' long by 3' wide? I've always wanted a custom-made wool blanket...

In all seriousness, what length/width has she been typically working with? I'm looking for something about 6" wide so I can wrap it up over my lower face. How long would she be willing to make such a scarf, so I'm not gouging you for wool here, or going outside the $20 proposed price?

Also, what colors does she have available? I'm debating between brown and grey...are those both doable?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

LOL @ the blanket!

She can do up to a foot wide, her first scarf turned out to be 7 feet long! It took her about a week. Colors that are available in 100% wool are oak tweed, nature's brown, ocean's blue (aqua and navy blue), natural, mercury (like a dark gray) and oatmeal. She has a larger color assortment in the Wool-Ease, which is 80% acrylic, 20% wool. She also has acrylic if anyone is allergic to wool. Since it has been so cold, she knitted me a wool sleeping cap which I wore to bed last night and I stayed comfortable all night long, so yes, toboggans are available as well 8) When an order is placed she will start on it right away. Thanks for the inquiries!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"