A tale of two tunics.....

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

A tale of two tunics.....

Post by Eofor »

Another clothing post here, I know that hand sewn garments can be intimidating to make and expensive to buy so here I post the tale of two tunics.

These are exactly the same tunic and the photos are of the same parts of the tunics.
Both were ordered 'machine sewn, hand finished' from Slav Medieval Shop.
On one of them I have gone over the entire tunic with linen thread and stitched over the 'hand stitching' from Slav. The difference is obvious and one now looks completely hand sewn, the other.... well not so.

I am no tailor, my sewing sucks but even I can manage to over-sew and the result is a very accurate looking tunic at a fraction of the price. Well worth considering for those on a budget or who can't sew to save themselves!

But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: A tale of two tunics.....

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Awesome idea, Eofor! :P

I'll be trying this on my new linen shirt and pants, as they are sewn using machine stitching.

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: A tale of two tunics.....

Post by Iodo »

nice idea, it looks good :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.