Rohirrim belt

From Numenor to Far Harad...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

Rohirrim belt

Post by Eofor »

Well I can't very well encourage Caedmon to share his long term project and not a few of my own.

Below are the sketches for a Rohan themed belt that I am having made. The design is not mine but rather an amalgamation of different designs I have seen.

The belt will consist of a buckle, strap end and five belt plates as seen on many early middle ages belts.

But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: Rohirrim belt

Post by Cimrandir »

Very very cool. This is what I love about this hobby. It's clearly inspired by history and actual artifacts but at the same time, it's something slightly different and fantastical. That fits the mood so well!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That is going to be just amazing! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

That's going to look good!
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

So how are you making them/getting them made; and out of what material?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

caedmon wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:35 am So how are you making them/getting them made; and out of what material?
I will be having them made, I lack the skills for such work. There is a craftsman who has done some Rohirrim work in the past and the belt fittings were taken from his previous stuff.

I am not sure of the material, having so much real gold in my living history kit has turned me off bronze so perhaps silver or silver gilt.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Eofor wrote: I am not sure of the material, having so much real gold in my living history kit has turned me off bronze so perhaps silver or silver gilt.
!!!!!!

Well that'll be spectacular!

I always got the "bronze/gold" vibe off Rohirrim, but I'm sure they used silver as well.
Was Eofor's horse silvery-white? :mrgreen:
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Elleth wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm Was Eofor's horse silvery-white? :mrgreen:
His first horse of childhood - Ablícan was but the horse he rides to the end of his tale - Spearcafot (Sparkfoot) is a blue roan stallion, so I guess a bit silver there as well?

I would prefer bronze to be honest and it does work better with the overall aesthetic especially on the shield. I may go that way I'm still in discussions with the maker.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Update: Belt fittings are completed and ready to be mounted.

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Woo hoo! Can’t wait to see that all together!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Greg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm Woo hoo! Can’t wait to see that all together!
I second that.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Well that is just spectacular. Very very cool!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

nice :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Mounted and in transit. As an aside the maker just happened to have a Rohirrim helm for sale that is in the package as well.

Upgrades!

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Gorgeous!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.