Possible sword project

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Possible sword project

Post by Willrett »

I really want to get a nice sword that I will be happy with if I never get to buy another sword again. Hopefully that's not the case but you never know. Anyway I found a Hanwei blade for 95, and I know I can swing buying pieces spread out over a few months or so but I'm not sure how to go about it. I like the thought of a custom sword without the custom price. Any ideas, comments, suggestions.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp ... ith+Fuller
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Possible sword project

Post by Greg »

Willrett, that'd make a WONDERFUL project sword! Glad to see you've held out to get something that'll really be functional and serviceable for you! Any help you need, let us know!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Nice way to get your hands on a Tinker design. I love the looks and feel of my Tinker. I just have to learn how to properly use it. That would be a good project sword. Over at Albion, you may find a good pommel and guard in their moat sale.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

If you don't mind the project work, looks fine. A little too thin in the width for my tastes. I would lean towards this. But I sure do not need another project, so out of the box sounded better for me. I'm very happy with my Sticklestad. Hope to post some test cutting vids this spring/summer.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.