A request for the board

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

A request for the board

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

My grandfather is again facing yet another bout with shingles, a very painful condition. This man has not just been a grandparent to me but he has been my very best friend, for those who have been in the same situation I dont have to explain how painful it is to watch someone you love suffer day after day. During the first bout he spent the entire summer reading his bible and watching television, he wasnt able to enjoy his horses, work in his garden or go to church, he also loved going to the woods with me to cut wood....I dont want to see him down like that again. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, whatever Troth you claim. I'd be beholden to you.

Many thanks.

R.D.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Re: A request for the board

Post by Eric C »

My Dad, who isn't with us now, never missed work for anything. But shingles took him down once. What's your grandfather's name? I'll be praying.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I'm grateful, Eric 8) His name is Rex, Although I'll never be even half the man he is, Mother gave me her fathers name.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Rex, King. Good name. My father's name was George Washington Cartrette. He hated it. He would NOT allow my mother to stick me with that one. So I have his first name and I go by my middle name. Nothing to be embarrassed about though, except that only the bill collectors call me George :roll: .
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

RD, Your Grandfather will be in my thoughts.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Definitely.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Of course, friend, not a problem. We well know how you feel. Here's a little something for you and your grandfather. I hope you don't mind being an inspiration 8)

Here I sit while I'd rather play
instead of being inside all day
my body wracked by pain and age
my old eyes try to stay on the page
but my thoughts drift like afternoon clouds
to the woods where the pines stand proud
and my heart would rather race
at the trot of my pony's pace
but while my lot is heavy, tis true
heavier still it would be if not for you
for you, my boy, my best friend
it's for you I'll heal and mend
wave at me through the glass
as you and that pony pass
and good thoughts will speed me through
what it is I must do
and one day soon I'll be up and around
to walk with you over familiar ground
and watch our shadows grow long in the morning sun
for us, the day has just begun...
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Many Thanks, friends! 8)

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Update: After ordering a reccomended ointment, he is now pain free and all signs of the rash are gone 8) I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers and support.

Ken, I hope you dont mind but I printed your poem for him, he loved it. 8)

Many thanks guys,

R.D.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Glad to hear it! My step-mother-in-law is still trying to get over the shingles herself. Hope he stays on the mend and that this summer is far better than the other one you mentioned.