Total Eclipse of April 8th, 2024

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

redhandfilms
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Total Eclipse of April 8th, 2024

Post by redhandfilms »

On the 8th of April, in the year 2024 (by Shire reckoning), the heavens shall align. Ithil shall cross Anor and a great darkness shall sweep across the land. Rangers, shall you answer the call and gather?

In 2017 I had the great fortune to stand within the Path of Totality for the Great American Solar Eclipse in North Georgia. It was a truly awe inspiring experience. The next Total Solar Eclipse in America will be April 8th, 2024. The Path of Totality will cross from Mexico to Newfoundland. On its way, it will pass through Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Everyone in the continental US will see some eclipse (15% for Seattle furthest to the West, 45% for Miami furthest to the East), but there is really nothing like being in the 124 mile wide Path of Totality.

So I propose this; Let Rangers come forth to stand against the darkness!
Let us pick somewhere to camp and gather within the Path of Totality. I would first suggest somewhere like the Ozarks or Shawnee National Forest.
What do you think?

Do keep in mind, if we miss this one, the next total eclipse in America won't be until 2044!
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Total Eclipse of April 8th, 2024

Post by Taylor Steiner »

I hope to make this
Frodo lives!
Thalion of Bree
Dúnadan

Re: Total Eclipse of April 8th, 2024

Post by Thalion of Bree »

I vote Ozarks; that'll be easier for me to make.
-Thalion, Thontaur's son