Back home at last!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Back home at last!

Post by Willrett »

When we buy our next house and move it will be out of town with atleast 10 acres. we will have a very large garden and some chickens. I am so ready to get away from in town and off the grid as much as possible.

Eric I agree I plan on starting to hunt this year as well I haven't hunted in about 12 yrs but have my safety course already.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Actually my wife and I were talking about that last night. I might have to get back into hunting even though I haven't hunted since I was a kid. Right now we live miles outside a small town on 3 acres with plenty of woods and a few fields adjacent to us and have friends with huge chunks of land. Might try it next year since I am a little busy this year.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Hello, I'm EMK's wife.. yes we were talking about that.. and we've even talked about the whole Commune idea as well. I've also talked about that with my friend in Florida. It's not a crazy idea. Sue and I talked about solar and wind power, growing/killing our own food and all of that. Erich and I have joked about the whole 2012 armageddon, but really do feel like we will be in something of a post appocolyptic world soon, the way things are going. Our new house is on 3 acres of woods and wild life is abundant. We have also talked about buying a small piece of land in the area for use for our other hobbies as well, but I would definately use it for hunting and a healthy sized garden (not a farm).

I've never actually hunted but would love too try. Fishing I have done though. And living off the land has appealed to me for years... it's the actually being able to do it that was the hard part.. that whole Uncle Sam likes to move us alot kind of thing.
Last edited by Kiriana on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome, Kiriana! With our food increasingly adulterated with dangerous chemicals, chlorine and other dangerous chemicals making our water "safe", ever increasing percentages of our population dependant on pharmaceutacals, and our entire societal system dependant on non-sustainable energy sources, along with about a hundred other problems with no easy solutions, I'd say that local breakdowns are not only inevitable, but likely to increase in number and severity.

Well, that was cheerful, wasn't it!
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dinendir. »

Welcome aboard, Kiriana. It's good to have you with us. :D

While it may not have been cheerful Kaelln, it was definitely true. Our society is based on too many unstable things, such as pharmaceuticals and energy sources. No one wants to do hard labor anymore, and most people think life should just hand them what they're "owed."

:/
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Welcome aboard Kiriana. (She wasn't talking about THIS Eric btw :lol: ) I approved your membership last night. Glad to have you with us. Hope you like Eric's new knife?

Yeah, it's time for the Cartrette family to get more serious about our rangering siills.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Hi and thanks for the welcomes!!

Eric, yeah it's beautiful.. I took it with me down to MS this past weekend when I went to visit Erich. He loves it too. We were already working out size and style for his next one hehehe.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

That's GREAT!!! I am glad y'all are happy with it!

I mentioned that about approving Kiriana's membership last night because for the newcomers FYI, we got slammed HARD last year by bots and spammers. I can't speak for the other mods and admins, but every time I approve a member, I watch them closely to see what they post. So when a new member identifies himself/herself with another member, then I for one breath a sigh of relief.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.