Horizontal Quiver Troubles

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ernildir
Haeropada

Horizontal Quiver Troubles

Post by Ernildir »

My quiver loves to tend towards a horizontal position. I don't love it to tend towards a horizontal position. Any tips as to how it could be secured more vertically?

Thanks.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Horizontal Quiver Troubles

Post by Willrett »

without pics its hard to tell but i would guess adding a strap or two at the top or even bottom will keep it in place better.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Lose your arrows playing Golfimbul again, did we? ;)

I've seen your quiver, and honestly, the best thing you can do is shorten your strap. It's too long, which lets it sag. Additionally, if you were to reattach the bottom end of the strap further up on the quiver, say, 6" from the bottom, and make the whole thing short enough to be snug across your chest, it'll keep it upright.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Greg wrote:Lose your arrows playing Golfimbul again, did we? ;)
It was actually my artificial spearhead this time. ;)

Willrett wrote:without pics its hard to tell but i would guess adding a strap or two at the top or even bottom will keep it in place better.
Greg wrote:I've seen your quiver, and honestly, the best thing you can do is shorten your strap. It's too long, which lets it sag. Additionally, if you were to reattach the bottom end of the strap further up on the quiver, say, 6" from the bottom, and make the whole thing short enough to be snug across your chest, it'll keep it upright.
Thank you for the suggestions... I think what I'll try first is simply punching some more holes further along the strap so that the buckle can fasten the whole thing more tightly.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.