MRL Deal of the day

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: MRL Deal of the day

Post by Peter Remling »

Everything is repeated until it sells out. There is no set pattern so they must list the items by the quantity they have in stock, the frequency of sales or both. Yesterday's knife was listed 6 weeks ago, the helmet from the day before , 2 monthes ago. There are three swords on their last chance page I'm interested in, but either they have so few or they are selling suffienctly well at the closeout price that they don't feel the need for the better discount of their Deal of the Day. I keep hoping though!
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Peter Remling wrote:Everything is repeated until it sells out. There is no set pattern so they must list the items by the quantity they have in stock, the frequency of sales or both. Yesterday's knife was listed 6 weeks ago, the helmet from the day before , 2 monthes ago. There are three swords on their last chance page I'm interested in, but either they have so few or they are selling suffienctly well at the closeout price that they don't feel the need for the better discount of their Deal of the Day. I keep hoping though!
That's good to know as I've always wanted that knife set. I'm going to pick one up this weekend if fate allows. Anyway here's a nice rivited mail shirt........................

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-67-mail ... steel.aspx
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

In addition to the Deal of the Day - MRL has 5 new one of a kind samples listed. These are brand new- weren't there yesterday, so you have first dibs. Both axes are interesting and the knife and German dagger are decent pieces. Remember these are one of a kind, so your's will be the only one.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/c-106-one ... mples.aspx
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I like the rainbow knife, I wish they were a little longer.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Winter is coming
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I remember a couple of years ago ordering a pair of those and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for them to come until finally I called to ask what was the hold up, to be told they would be back ordered for 6 months, so I let them go. What I applaud MRL for is letting customers post reviews of their products, even when they are unfavorable. After reading the review of those bracers, I'll opt to make a pair using the pattern on Andy's site.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Actually I have a pair and I like them. They are a soft bracer and came out around the time the Fellowship movie came out. I believe they were intended as under bracers, like in the movie but the under bracers never caught on. I got mine from a Ebay vendor who occasionally had MRL stuff. I picked up several sets of hard bracers, these soft ones, several large belt pouches and a handful of belts at various times, never paying more than $8.00 for a belt and substantionally less for each of the other items. Sadly he's no longer a vendor.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I made a pair of Andy's using fleece and vinyl I got really cheap. They are great but alittle warm, I would like to remake out of leather. These look like nice and if I didn't have some I would get em.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Nice looking sword could be a nice addition to someones collection on sale all weekend.

https://www.museumreplicas.com/p-261-nobles-sword.aspx
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Yeah, This was one of the few I've been watching, so I ordered it last night.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

The belt dagger came around again, for the whole weekend this time.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-193-belt-dagger.aspx

I caved and ordered one yesterday. I'll give it a review when it arrives.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Erbach Sword this weekend $132.50

By all accounts this is one of those great Windlass. Many are hit or miss, but every review or comment I've read has been very favorable on this model.

Please note this is post 500 for me- So I winn the pool! :lol:

Was there ever any doubt?
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I just hit 400...I am steadily catching up, Pete! When I joined you were over 200, I believe...I'm coming for you, Mr. Talkative Watcher over Restless Lands!

Frankly, I prefer the 'Silent' member title anyway. When I first joined, I assumed that once I hit a certain post count, it'd switch to the 'Talkative' monniker, but since then, many have passed where you were and never gained the title, so I've known for awhile that it goes to whoever has the highest post count...which is awesome. May it forever be yours.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Greg wrote:I just hit 400...I am steadily catching up, Pete! When I joined you were over 200, I believe...I'm coming for you, Mr. Talkative Watcher over Restless Lands!

Frankly, I prefer the 'Silent' member title anyway. When I first joined, I assumed that once I hit a certain post count, it'd switch to the 'Talkative' monniker, but since then, many have passed where you were and never gained the title, so I've known for awhile that it goes to whoever has the highest post count...which is awesome. May it forever be yours.

Actually Greg that's Jack's little joke. When I was the first to hit the 50 post mark and the "Silent Watcher" title came up, I said something to the effect that I wasn't so silent was I, to which Jack changed mine to "Talkative" and it has remained ever since.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Hey this is post 311 for me and I have been here less than a year, My name is Willie and I am addicted to this site. :shock: :lol: :oops: