MRL Deal of the day

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Duathen
Dúnadan

Re: MRL Deal of the day

Post by Duathen »

Just a note:

One of the guys in the practice group brought his EMSH blunt today and I got to use it in freeplay with a buckler. I was pretty impressed - the edges are a bit square and need rounding off (as the longsword). It was very quick and responsive, and held its own against an Albion Lichtenauer. I'm definitely getting one for sword and buckler work.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Well, I was all set to order that single handed sword today, as we got our tax refund, and then we went shopping. :lol: We were at TJ Maxx and my wife spotted a Juicy Couture tracksuit that my step-daughter Mirihendiel would die for. For those who don't have a 23 year old step-daughter, Juicy Couture is apparently the Precious, so it was between a new sword and a tracksuit.

The tracksuit goes in the mail 'pon the morrow :lol:
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Mirimaran wrote:For those who don't have a 23 year old step-daughter, Juicy Couture is apparently the Precious, so it was between a new sword and a tracksuit.
I have a WIFE in that age range, and Juicy Couture is, for all-intensive purposes, a crock of poo.

Perhaps my wife should have a chat with your step-daughter...see if we can't score you a sword, eh?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Ha, if a tracksuit makes her happy, I can wait on a sword lol There is naught that I would not do for Mirihendiel 8) besides, Morielda picked it out for her. I did score a great deal on an all-in-one volume of LOTR and The Sil, buy one get one half price at Barnes and Noble for a total of 27.00, and some great leather items from Michaels and A.C. Moore, so I am happy.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Mirimaran wrote:Ha, if a tracksuit makes her happy, I can wait on a sword lol There is naught that I would not do for Mirihendiel 8) besides, Morielda picked it out for her. I did score a great deal on an all-in-one volume of LOTR and The Sil, buy one get one half price at Barnes and Noble for a total of 27.00, and some great leather items from Michaels and A.C. Moore, so I am happy.
Well good!

I'm awaiting the tax return myself, and hoping and praying that it can go to leather materials as well. It's high time that the boot build got further underway, and there's a Jerkin, and Quiver looming in the distance that I have nothing but thread and buckles for in my possession. BIG investment, all that leather, but well worth it.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Indeedly! I am waiting for our Highland Games to pick up some more odds and ends, and then it's more making!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

MRL Deal of the Weekend:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-245-kin ... sword.aspx

Very attractive sword, with a few good reviews and a great price.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

for someone looking to add some clothing https://www.museumreplicas.com/p-429-ro ... beson.aspx
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Did you get a tax return? If so here's a nice way to spend it!

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1219-oa ... -belt.aspx

Nice hand and a half with scabbard and rig,
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

damn you beat me to it I just seen it but dont know if I have the extra cash.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Here is the weekend deal I have been looking at it for awhile.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-731-archers-axe.aspx
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »