The last Dunedain Sister

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Eric C
Vendor

The last Dunedain Sister

Post by Eric C »

Okay folks, here she is. This will be the last of this particular incarnation of this knife unless some of you fine folks order one. So, here's a link to some pics:
http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/ae11 ... %20Sister/

And here are some specs:
OAL: 12"
Blade Length: 6 7/8"
Blade width: 1 3/8" just before the belly
Blade thickness: ~ 3/16"
Weight: 8.5 oz
Forged from Circular saw blade steel. Heat treated then tempered at 425 Degrees F. Quenched in veg oil.
Handle: Hand carved Cocobolo treated with several coats of Tung Oil and two coats of Butcher's paste wax.

The fittings are mild steel. Peened through tang construction.

$70 + $5 shipping Conus for current forum members. If you want a leather sheath, the total price will be $100 + $5 shipping.

Dads, you know you wanted this instead of that loud necktie. Ladies, you know you feel dejected by his disinterest in the beautiful necktie you bought him. Treat yourself to a Ranger item!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: The last Dunedain Sister

Post by Willrett »

beautiful blade I wish I had some extra cash.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Once again a beautiful blade...Kiriana loves hers. So ladies, blades aren't just for men around here.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh yes yes... LOVE MINE... you can't take it from me unless you pry it from my cold dead hands!!!! hehehe
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I'm glad you like it!

Also, if you know of anyone off the boards that is looking for a good knife, let me know. We'll work something out, I'm sure.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

I'd say you should post on a knife makers forum, if your not already. Your work is certainly good enough to start branching out beyond this website. If you could do some historical knives as well you could post them over at myarmoury.com Michael Pikula, a name that's known around here by a few of us, got his start over there posting Seaxes and eating knives. Now he's making swords and has a three month lead time minimum. I really think you have the skill to take this to the next level if you just put yourself out there Eric.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks Mike, but my creations haven't made many waves on other sites. As for historical blades, I really don't have enough education in historical blades to make much of a push in that direction yet.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

ERIC ERIC ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You NEED to post your knives on one of our other hobby sites.. Dagorhir!! Think of SCA but with foam swords not rattan.. and they do fantasy/medieval so your Dunedain blades and other would be a huge hit..

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/ Go here.. post in the Weapons and Armor forum.. and sell sell sell hehehe..

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=21087.0 in this thread they held an Arts/Sciences competition at their last big event.. and the guy Hivemind makes nice stuff... but ERIC YOUR STUFF ROCKS!! You should see about trying to sell to these people.

And several like me and Erich don't get blades from you just for Ranger use hehe we carry your blades at SCA events hehe

*Slips into her military NCO voice*

THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Can't post personal contact info, but there are ways around that. I will work as a broker for you if you prefer...no charge!
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Eric C wrote:Thanks Mike, but my creations haven't made many waves on other sites. As for historical blades, I really don't have enough education in historical blades to make much of a push in that direction yet.
Well then you've just given me an excuse to go to the MET and take a bunch of pictures. I'll also stop by the Library and see what books they have on historic knives. I'll scan what I can and send it off to you.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks everyone.
Kiriana wrote:*Slips into her military NCO voice*

THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!!!
(snaps to parade rest) SERGEANT, YES SERGEANT!

Erich, that would be great!

Mike, That would be an invaluable source for me!

This is still the best forum on the net with the greatest folks to be found. 8)
Alderic
Dúnadan

Post by Alderic »

I'm sure someone will buy it there, at the very least they'll want to buy it. Very trustworthy as well. Dagorhirrim are a good bunch of people.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hmm, haven't joined the site yet, but I searched and didn't see any real blades over there. I'll join and do some more searching. There again, you don't USE real blades in combat with the SCA either. It would probably be pretty hard to get that approved through an insurance agency.
Alderic
Dúnadan

Post by Alderic »

Just because they don't use real blades doesn't mean that they won't want them. The foam weapons are only used in combat. I've seen quite a few people carrying real blades, from knife to longsword, outside of combat.
For a while it seemed Hivemind was making and selling knives for people on the forum every few days. There's got to be a bit of a market there.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Okay, I've joined under the name of Ichthean Forge. I'll probably make my first post tomorrow to intorduce myself. When I do, make sure to stop by and say, "Hi."